Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel
US$110
US$81
PremierInn.com
1,970 results
All reviewscar parkcentral locationlovely hotelexcellent locationon arrivalcooked breakfastblack puddingreception staffearly hoursevening mealcity breakbreakfast was excellentexecutive roomafternoon teasaturday nightfull englishmy birthday
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of the Tesco Clubcard deal. It was my partners 40th so I asked for a good room and they did not disappoint. We had a large room on the front of the hotel. We had champagne in the room and a flap jacks. The room was about 40 degrees and when we asked for windows to be opened as they were bolted shut they did this without question and put 3 fans in the room. Nothing was too much trouble from the staff they were brilliant!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had two spa treatments booked in Chester last Sunday. My husband was away, and with thunderstorms forecast, which I don't like, decided to book into the New Blossoms for the night.
I left my case with Andrew at 10am and returned at 3.30pm when he was still on duty. He checked me in and had my bag sent up to a lovely mini suite. Ten minutes later the storm began and when it finished I contacted reception.

Andrew answered and I asked him if I could move to the second floor. He said he would move me himself which he did to a beautiful large room with a queen bed and everything you would need. Even after a second storm I managed a very peaceful night's sleep. You wouldn't have known you were in the centre of Chester.

I couldn't recommend the hotel or the professional staff more highly. It's a four star hotel and very central.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed there last night good checkin went to room like 30 degrees quick shower and out for dinner on return room now 40 degrees tried to open window only 2 inches complainwd in morning reception staff said we know due to listed building cant permit windows to be opened and have applied for air con to be installed in hotel come on its 2013 breakfast was ok

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic! The location is superb and the staff were very helpful. I booked a double classic room which included a huge bed in large room with a large bathroom both of which were immaculately clean! The breakfast was brilliant, a great selection of fruit, cereals, pastries and cheeses and efficient table service allowed for a top notch full English with quality ingredients. Thank you for a fantastic break!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed as part of a tour. Bit of a shambles checking in with bags noted with one room number and us with another room number. That was sorted out quickly but tersely. It was quite cold in the hotel room but when we asked how to work the heating we were informed that we should realise that it is nearly summer in England and the heaters have been turned off and that if we get cold there's a little fan heater in the wardrobe. All these things are pretty minor if the room wasn't so small, cold and badly laded out. To get in the shower we had to climb around to toilet as the shower screen opened the wrong way. There was a water stain on the roof and it just wasn't a pleasant place to stay for two nights.

The hotel is in an excellent location in that it is in the centre of town. I would look elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple