We stayed at the hotel as a Valentines treat. We were advised there was car parking. But this is on a multi storey car park a few streets away. We travelled light but it wouldn't have been ideal were this not the case. We unpacked and went for a snooze but struggled to sleep because of a very noisy family with children upstairs. We ate in the restaurant but were told when we arrived at 8.30 we were only just in time and they closed at 9pm. We felt uncomfortable. Before we had eaten starters the waiter came to take our plates away. We explained we hadn't finished. Food was lovely but pricey as were the drinks. On the plus side, although the room was very small, the bed was extremely comfortable. We explained at reception re the family upstairs and were told we could change if it was a problem later but hopefully the children would be asleep as they were going to the zoo in the morning! We slept OK during the night but unfortunately the family were up very early doors and consequently so were we! It would have been nice if the hotel and simiply offered immediately to change our room. Overall lovely hotel, had nice weekend but car park and restaurant let us down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel Chester, Cheshire