We booked via Late Rooms and had a third floor room. The lift was rather small but understandably in a hotel that was built in 1605!!! The room was PERFECTLY clean and of an adequate size. There were the usual amenities but a lovely touch was a welcome plate with a chocolate, small cake and a strawberry. We chose not to eat in the hotel but decided to visit the bar for a cocktail as it was 2 for 1. Although they were quite pricey the bar tenders made me a cocktail that wasn't on the menu. They were chatty and polite with nibbles on the tables. Beds were comfy, linen spotless and pillows super soft.
You have to park in a The Grosvenor Shopping centre and it is £10 for 24hours. At the hotel desk you pay for this and only pay £9. It is a struggle to get into collect your car before 11am so just ask the hotel staff.
One main let down was the night club on the street which attracted late night revellers. I'm glad I had ear plugs as late night stragglers were still waiting for taxis at 3:30am. It is to be expected in a city but it might be worth asking for a room on the main street.
The staff were very courteous and check in was faultless. We did have an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel Chester, Cheshire