This is a fantastically central hotel- it is literally in the centre of the centre. 11/10 for location!
This is a gem of a hotel with only couple of reservations (see later). The hotel is slightly upmarket, and it was built in 1650- so plenty of history and character. The rooms aren't big (its an old hotel) but they are of a good level of spec, as is the ensuite. Rooms are also clean. Nice touch getting couple of arrival chocolates.
Staffing is superb- plenty of staff, friendly too. The bar is lovely, so is the newly refurbed breakfast room/restaurant- its very well done. Grand staircase etc- a nice hotel, pure and simple.
Breakfast was excellent. have some good offers on the restaurant between 5pm-7pm but we didn't try it.
This is a really good hotel- but there are only 2 downsides:-
1) Parking- you need to park in nearby shopping centre multi-storey (£9 per 24 hours)- its bit of a walk (and easy to get lost if you arrive after shops closed)
2) Do not get a room over the nightclub. It is VERY noisy and goes on well into the early hours. We asked for room away from club, so we were ok.
we will definitely be back- we love chester and we got a great price on this hotel.
Room tip; ask for a room on Eastgate. It avoids the nightclub noise- and you are on the main shopping street, so you can do lots of people watching. Our standard room we got here was fantastic!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel Chester, Cheshire