Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel
US$108
US$114
US$102
1,967 results
All reviewscar parkcentral locationlovely hotelexcellent locationon arrivalcooked breakfastblack puddingreception staffearly hoursevening mealcity breakbreakfast was excellentexecutive roomafternoon teasaturday nightfull englishmy birthday
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to give this restaurant inside the blossoms hotel a try today. As soon as we walked in we were welcomed in by the manager, we were shown to our table and told about the menu. We chose fish chips and mushy peas with a drink all for £10 each. yummmmmy this must be the best fish and chips to date delishes :-) Steven was our waiter who was very charming very well mannered and really friendly, also a lady didn't catch her name was equally welcoming. Very lovely afternoon and really looking forward to having lunch or dinner on a regular basis. Thankyou joan and antony

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joan17666
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Joan & Anthony

Thank you for placing a review on trip advisor, the comments and opinions of our guests are invaluable and assist us impove our offerings.

Thank you for your kind comment about your meal in our new 1650 St Johns Reastaurant which only opened on the 6th of May. There was a lot of hard work done pre-opening designing food and training the staff which we are delighted has paid off. Thank you for mentioning Steven and our other staff members as this goes towards our staff recognition programme.

I do hope we will have the oppertumity to welcome you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked an 'Executive King' at £130 per night. Slightly confused when we first walked into our room as it seemed we were given a family room. Walking through the door we walked into a single bedroom, further on was the smallest bathroom I have seen (complete with peeling paint), followed by the main bedroom which seemed far too small and bland to be classified as an 'executive' room. Totally disappointed considering we had requested a nice room when booking. We decided not to say anything to reception as we were only stopping one night and didn't want the fuss.
Really wish we had now as we ended up being kept awake until 3am by the music coming through the walls/floor of our bedroom from the night club next door which extends below the hotel. At 1am I called down and eventually got through to the night manager who was sympathetic but unable to offer an alternative room away from the noise.
I don't think this hotel is suitable for couples or families over the weekend, its more suited to stag/hen dos or friends wanting to experience the Chester nightlife.
All in all we feel pretty let down, ripped off and tired.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjjemima
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Jjjemima

Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor and I would like to apologise that you have been left feeling let down and ripped off.

Our hotel was opened in 1650 all rooms are completely different in both size and layout, if you had mentioned at check in we would have been happy to move you although that does not condone the state of the room for which I would like to once again apologise. I have requested my head housekeeper & maintenance manager review the room and place it as a priority on our room redecoration programme. I have also previously discussed the matter of the noise coming from the property below and they are in the process of installing additional sound proofing to eliminate this issue in the future, I do regret that this however was not in time for your stay.

Once again I would like to apologise for the dissapointment and if you would like to discuss the matter further please contact me via general.blossoms@macdonald-hotels.co.uk .

I hope that I will have the oppertunity to welcome you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a fantastically central hotel- it is literally in the centre of the centre. 11/10 for location!

This is a gem of a hotel with only couple of reservations (see later). The hotel is slightly upmarket, and it was built in 1650- so plenty of history and character. The rooms aren't big (its an old hotel) but they are of a good level of spec, as is the ensuite. Rooms are also clean. Nice touch getting couple of arrival chocolates.
Staffing is superb- plenty of staff, friendly too. The bar is lovely, so is the newly refurbed breakfast room/restaurant- its very well done. Grand staircase etc- a nice hotel, pure and simple.
Breakfast was excellent. have some good offers on the restaurant between 5pm-7pm but we didn't try it.
This is a really good hotel- but there are only 2 downsides:-
1) Parking- you need to park in nearby shopping centre multi-storey (£9 per 24 hours)- its bit of a walk (and easy to get lost if you arrive after shops closed)

2) Do not get a room over the nightclub. It is VERY noisy and goes on well into the early hours. We asked for room away from club, so we were ok.

we will definitely be back- we love chester and we got a great price on this hotel.

Room tip; ask for a room on Eastgate. It avoids the nightclub noise- and you are on the main shopping street, so you can do lots of people watching. Our standard room we got here was fantastic!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SaurusWigan

Thank you for your kind comments on tripadvisor and I am glad you enjoyed our newly refurbished restaurant.

I am looking forward to being able able to welcome you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a great hotel, awesome location, you are just seconds from the main street of Chester but not on a street that the drunken people wander down at night so its nice and quiet,
The staff are very helpful, although couldnt accommodate an early check in they did look after all luggage until check in time.
The room was basic but clean and tidy, I have no complaints at all of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Miss_JPx

Thank You for the kind words and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I am however sorry we were not able to accommodate the early arrival.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms hotel in the future.

Geneeral Manager

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Recently returned from a couple of nights away in Chester stayed at the New Blossoms hotel. Our room 113, very good nice and large space, massive comfy bed and bed linen was excellent. Also included robes/slippers which were a nice surprise at the rate paid - Our rate of £99 included breakfast. Warm welcome on check in. The breakfast room / restaurant, looked lovely, really neat and tidy and well designed pleasing to the eye. Excellent choice of continental including meats / cheeses/ fruit and pastries. We both were looking forward to eggs Benedict, shown as a supplement of £2.75 on the menu- unusual to find that, but wanted a treat. Sadly disappointed. We made a point of telling the waiter that it wasn't what we expected, as it arrived on half a burger bun and with two rashers if smokey bacon instead of ham. Not like any other eggs Benedict we've ever had. We just assumed that's how they did it in Chester! It was like they had ran out of muffins and ham. It just put us off having our evening meal there, which was a shame. On the second evening, we tried the 2-4-1 cocktails - first class, excellent in fact the best we've ever had! Lovely surroundings and felt well looked after. Our second mornings breakfast, we chose to avoid the eggs Benedict, even though I'd always pick it, if shown on the menu - I had boiled eggs which were fine and my husband chose scrambled eggs on toast with a sausage. The sausage was off! Disgusting. It smelt awful. We were in a hurry and just left for work. That really put us off staying for breakfast again. Especially as they charge £17.50 per person. It's a real shame, as everything else was very good. Should mention the car parking. We found to park in the Grosvenor shopping centre - it's £10 to stay 24 hrs, the new blossoms hotel will give you a ticket so you pay £9 instead. Good value parking for city centre parking. We found the staff very pleasant. Good location for a Chester city break, stick to continental breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Oanne044

Thank You for placing a review on trip advisor, we always welcome feedback both positive and negative as this allows us to assess whether our guest’s expectations have been met, and would like to thank you for assisting.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, however I was very concerned about your comments about the breakfast, I would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard and I have discussed the matters with my Head Chef who would like to be associated with the appology. Our breakfast is usually of the highest standard and I would like to apoliogise that this was not your experience.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel in the future.