“Great Location”

Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We thought the hotel room was average, clean and basic. The hotel is in the perfect position to visit Chester. We had our breakfast in the room, I can honestly say it is one of the worst breakfasts we have ever had. The bacon was so hard you couldn't cut it, the black pudding fried so much when you cut it it broke up into crumbs and the smell of old fat was overwhelming, the smell made you feel sick, so tray had to be placed outside the door immediately. Apart from that everything else was alright.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear MD

Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor, we encourage all types of feedback to help improve our offerings.

I was dissapointed to learn of the breakfast quality, this is an area which Macdonald hotels pride itself in. I have discussed the matter with my head chef and food and Beverage manager who have both given me their commitment to perform immediate remedial training to ensure that the same situation will not reoccur.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss the matter further and I do hope we have the oppertunity to welcome you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The room was very small but it was beautifully decorated. The theme was carried throughout the hotel and really did look elegant. The staff where very friendly and helpful.
It was really clean .
Really close to the city centre. Its only literally takes less than a minute to walk to the high-street.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tasha A

Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor, feedback is invaluable to us.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff who were delighted to hear. I understand your comments with regards to the size of your room, due to the age of our building all of our rooms differ in size and shape however as you have mentioned with the same theme of decoration.

I look forward to being able to have the oppertunity to welcome you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed two nights for my partners birthday. The room and hotel is lovely, great central location (although noisy at night but what can you expect from a city centre)

During breakfast on the first day, my partner politely asked if there was an alternative butter for the toast as the butter they put on the table wasn't to his liking (i think it was unsalted, he thought it was margarine). So the waiter went off to the kitchen. The next thing the restaurant manager comes marching out the kitchen grabs the margarine off the buffet, throws it down onto the table and says the only choice is this or their expensive butter, he then proceeded to bring out the butter packet to show us from the kitchen, and talk to us in such an aggressive loud manner. It was so embarrassing, all the people on the other tables were starring. I'm not fussed about the butter at all, I mean really, who cares!! But I was mortified that he caused such a scene, for a simple answer to a simple question. I would expect a lot more professional service from a restaurant manager of a four star hotel. All the other staff were absolutely lovely. I felt so anxious about going down for breakfast the following day, who wants to stay in a hotel were you are made to feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LoztheLamb

Dear LunareB

I would like to thank you for writing a review on trip advisor, as our guest feedback is of the utmost importance to us.

I was very concerned to learn of your experience and I can fully appreciate your comments, I have tried to investigate the matter and I would welcome your imput further clarifying some points. I would like to apologise for the situation and that you were left to feel uncomfortable. I was however happy to learn of the costomer service from all the other staff.

I hope that we will have the oppertunity to welcomt you back to the Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very nice little hotel with chester centre were you step outside and your in the city centre. staff were nice hotel was nice and clean. qiet and traditional with mice staircase. nice lounge and restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheHonestExplorer
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If your looking for a Hotel to stay at in Chester then look no further. The New Blossoms Hotel is perfectly situated for visiting historic Chester's attractions and many shops. Staff are pleasant and accommodating. The rooms are of a good standard and clean with comfortable beds and fresh decor. This is why we keep coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lifeforliving
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Having stayed in the Blossoms numerous times i can confirm that the staff are suoer friendlly and the hotel is in a great location...
Breakfast is always fresh and cooked to order, bedrooms clean and very tidy however its way too hot in the summer months..
There is no air con in any of the rooms.

Your cooling system is a desk fan :(

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed with my elderly mum for just one night. First time in Chester and previous contact with very helpful staff member ensured i found car parking in nearby shopping centre easily. From the moment we arrived the staff could not be more helpful. Bags taken to our room while lunched in deserted very smart restaurant. Food there mainly fab but just couldn't cook my chicken, but didn't charge me for it! Room was spacious, comfortable with very welcoming home made cakes. Bathroom was small, ok for me, but not good for mum to manoeuvre in. Perfect base for exploring beautiful Chester! Would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family