2,061 results
All reviewscar parkcentral locationlovely hotelexcellent locationone way systemcooked breakfastblack puddingearly hoursreception staffcity breakevening mealbreakfast was excellenthotel restaurantafternoon teamy birthdayshort breakfull english
Reviewed 15 January 2018

There are quite a few poor comments about this hotel which i can't understand. Stayed one night on Saturday and it was excellent. Check in was good with a very pleasant and helpful bloke on reception. Bedroom was pleasantly furnished, clean with a very comfy bed, bathroom was a bit dated and tiny. Breakfast in the morning was good, excellent friendly service and a good choice. Same bloke at checkout who was very nice and helpful giving us a good deal on parking at the Grosvenor car park.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Macdonald New Blossoms.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the five star review. Your kind words will be passed onto the team who I am sure will be thrilled.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

The hotel is in a fantastic location. The rooms were slightly noisy but that is to be expected from any city centre hotel. Our party had booked several rooms and there was inconsistency between the quality and size of the rooms even though the price paid was equal. All staff were friendly and helpful but I did feel that the standard fell slightly short to deliver proper value for money. The breakfast service was slow but this was due to an inadequate number of staff, not the performance of the staff themselves. I would stay here again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Guest,

I really do appreciate the feedback you have provided and I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations fully.

As the oldest hotel in Chester dating back to 1650 no two rooms are the same. Each offering its own characteristics and charm. I will check all of the rooms you were allocated personally and inspect them to ensure all of the same standard.

I am sorry that the breakfast experience was slow, all of our food is cooked fresh and is served individually and not as a buffet. I will review the staffing levels and apologise that this was disappointing for you. This really isn't our normal standard and hope that this hasn't deterred you from returning in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

One night break in the center of Chester. Room large and clean nice and warm bed was comfy. Just one major issue for us the hotel is next door to a night club stayed on the 3rd floor but there’s no getting away from the thudding sound of the music. This club is open till 4 in the mornings so good luck if you want or need a goodnight sleep.

Room Tip: Thought a high floor would be good not sure it makes any difference to the level of noises
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lallyally123
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the four star review. The feedback and kind words will be passed onto the team.

I am sorry you were disturbed by the bar below the hotel, I am in regular meetings with the council, authorities and owners of the bar and hope to have the disturbance to hotel guests reduced.

Once again thank you for your kind review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I booked the restaurant here well in advance after looking at the hotel web site for a friends special birthday. We arrived for lunch on the 16th December and were told by reception to wait in the bar, had to turn the lights on myself as all in darkness. Waited for someone to come and bring us menus and drinks but no luck so had to go and ask reception .Eventually someone arrived and brought us drinks (no coke available) but she said she didn't know how much they were. Asked again for menus, after waiting again they turned up. I was amazed to see it was burger and chips , fish and chips etc not a luxury birthday lunch I was expecting. After another long wait we were shown to the restaurant ( we were the only people dining) Ordered our burgers and after another wait of nearly an hour they arrived.We could have had better in Macdonalds. It was that cold in there that 2 of us kept our winter coats on. I was absolutely furious after we left. Thanks blossoms hotel for spoiling what was to be a nice birthday visit to Chester.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank suz039
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us.

I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion. I am appalled at the service you have received and will be investigating this personally. This really isn't the normal service.

I am a little confused in regards to your comments about the food offering, as we offer much more than burger and chips, fish and chips. We are a steak house and offer a wide choice of food and our chefs are always willing to meet any special requirements if able.

A member of management will be looking to make contact with you shortly to discuss the issues in more detail. The service experienced is not the norm nor is it acceptable.

Once again I thank you for your comments and sincerely apologise for the poor service you experienced.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We ended up booking this hotel at the last minute for new year's eve as the hotel we had booked was so bad we didn't want to stay! It turned out to be the best outcome as my partner proposed and the surroundings made it all the more special. We had an executive king room which was lovely and the staff were very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The central location is great for bars, restaurants and retail therapy! Although we didn't have dinner in the restaurant, the breakfast was really good with a good choice and refills of tea, coffee and toast.

Room Tip: Only one lift and it's quite small
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your engagement!

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the 5 star rating.

Your kind words and feedback will be passed on to the staff who I am sure will be thrilled.

We hope to see you again soon!