“Please don't!”

Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Storrington, West Sussex
“Please don't!”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

By far the worst hotel I have stayed in (for money!). Got in late; the light bulb by the bed would not fully work(flash flash flash), it was freezing cold (heating not on) the TV had no signal (no aerial wire) and when I took a shower, it was scalding hot and the mixer did not work. Went out to leave, and complain only to find that there was no reception staff at all. Dear dear.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
DanielleMort, General Manager at Days Inn Chester East, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Firstly I am saddened to hear your stay with us was less than satisfactory, this is not our usual standards, and would appreciate if you could contact me personally at the hotel to discuss this matter so I can investigate what it was that happened.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again so we can show you that this is not our standards and this was a one off occasion.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kindest Regards,

Danielle Mort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I've stayed at this Days Inn probably about 20 times because it's convenient for my work, but the sevcie here is going down hill I'm afraid. The rooms are what you would expect from the days inn chain, adequate and clean. The welcome is pretty good, usually friendly and usually quite quick, so no complaints there. The only real gripe I have is the free wifi is very often playing up (has done on the last 5 visits there), and the reception just keep telling you that they have reported it, which is no help went you want to upload your days work.
I would probably use again but if they can't sort the internet out I will be booking elsewhere, it's getting boring to keep being told its being sorted!

Room Tip: Wifi generally only works downstairs close to the reception!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review Days Inn Chester East.

I would like to thank you for you kind words regarding the hotel, adequate and clean. Also mentioning the quick and friendly check-in you receive when you visit the hotel, all these comments will be passed on to the relevant departments.

I am sorry to hear that you have had problems using our Free Wi-Fi. Last year we did have it replaced and new antennas installed and moved to ensure every single guest room receives the Wi-Fi signal and this is tested. On your next visit if you do have a problem, please do come and see me directly or if I am not in the hotel, ask the receptionist for my contact details and I will do my upmost to ensure this is resolved on the spot for you.

Once again I do thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Chester East.

Kind Regards,

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Watch out for parking charges - even though we registered both our cars at check in (and we specifically asked about parking and were told that it was OK) we received a parking notice that took me several hours on the phone and sending emails to sort out. Was a shame as the hotel was decent. The parking charge company said it was the hotel's fault, the hotel have said nothing yet (the Wyndham Hotels website asks for comments but if you click there it takes you to reservations - bit cheeky!, the Days Inn website has a phone number but that is not recognised if you call it). All told, not impressed as I don't have time to mess around chasing other peoples jobs up. Would not choose to use, or recommend, this hotel (or other Days Inn) again purely on that basis.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
DanielleMort, General Manager at Days Inn Chester East, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you found the hotel itself 'decent' and marked us highly for the hotel. I do however apologise that you had received a parking charge whilst you were parked on site during your stay, this is very unfortunate and once again I apologise that the hotel has not lived up to its high standard to ensure this was not issued to you.
I will also ensure that the issues with the website are looked into, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The hotel does have free parking, and shares the car park with the service area next door which does have a parking time limit in place, the hotel ensures all our guests receive the free parking, and I am sorry on this occasion that this has not happened. I hope this issue is now resolved, however if you are still having difficulty then please contact me directly and I will deal will this matter for you. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to Chester.

Many Thanks,

Danielle Mort

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We waited 30 minutes at least to be checked into our room. There were also 2 other couples waiting to be checked in as well who were becoming agitated with the situation. All of us had pushed the "pager" button, but no one even came out to see us which was annoying. Once the girl arrived, obviously late, she was very polite and checked us in promptly. The room £60 was quite expensive for a room that was very outdated and smelt quite musty. There wasn't a fan in the bathroom which wasn't very pleasant as well. Next time I will stick to booking a B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Room was very spacious, clean & staff were friendly.
What spoilt the stay for us was the lack of eating facilities/breakfast.
You have the option of purchasing vouchers valued at £10.00 for £7.50 at reception which you can use in the service station to purchase your breakfast.

The breakfast was very limited for choice, very expensive and appeared to be somebody's left overs.

If you are requiring just a room for the night, its fine but if you require a breakfast before setting off, AVOID.

Room Tip: Family room is very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your kind review about our hotel!

We pride ourselves on our very clean and spacious rooms, all of our team will be informed of your review and will all be very happy to see that we are still achieving this.

In regards to your comments to do with the breakfast/eating facilities. I have passed these comments onto the restaurant manager, and your feedback will be used to make a difference.

Once again thank you for taking the time the post a review about the hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Danielle
Eastry
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Paid 50 pound pr night. Surpriseingly good for motorway services. very clean spacious and friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Have just returned home having spent a 4 day break. Found the room clean and comfortable, originaly booked a twin room as that was all that was available, on arrival I was asked if I would like to change to a double. I was then given a family room, lots of space. The manager and staff were very curtious and helpful and although we had a room facing the service facilities we did not hear any noise, even though all facilities were open 24 hours. Location was very good although a little industrial and supprisingly we could not hear the motorway traffic. Just right for visiting Chester, Liverpool and surrounding area. We found a couple of resturants close by, although if you use McDonalds or Roadchef you can buy discount vouchers, £10 value for £7.50.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Gateway to Wales Hotel
Travelodge Chester Central
Hallmark Inn Chester
Hallmark Inn Chester
#39 of 44 in Chester

Been to Days Inn Chester East? Share your experiences!