“only because my food was not cooked”
Review of Mayflower

Mayflower
Ranked #374 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Chinese take away
Description: Chinese take away
Reviewed 27 August 2013

They refused to admit that they did not cook my food to a proper standard thus began to argue with them instead of apologise and cook it properly. I did not want a new meal or anything free, just that one placed in the wok a bit longer. They refused. Not nice service.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We've been using Mayflower since about 1997 and the food has set the bar so high that no other takeaway we've ever used matches up. Really tasty food. Sometimes a wait of an hour or so, and not the cheapest, but always great, hot food and good customer service. I was surprised at the 2 negative reviews from March this year. I only found this site by accident trying to find their phone number as I had lost the menu and was sorry to see that those people were disappointed. Worth a try if you've never eaten their food.

1  Thank Helen R
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Don't believe the negatives reviews on here, this is a fim favourite for us after trying everywhere else.

The portion size isn't huge and its not a cheapie takeaway - but the quality and taste blows everywhere else away and its why we're always going back.

Crispy beef with chilli and carrot is the best I've tasted outside London's chinatown.

My one complaint would be why not offer prawn crackers to loyal customers who pick up the food rather than wait an hour on a busy night... :-)

1  Thank DeepFish
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The staff are friendly and the food is good quality. It is just a shame the portion sizes are tiny and the meal was nearly as cold as the outside temperature. The food was cooler than the air inside our house so must have been sitting in a car for quite a while.

Will not be going back.

1  Thank Jddono
Reviewed 19 March 2013

2 hour wait for a takeaway!! Can't comment on the food quality because it never arrived - would never even think about ordering from them again. Customer service was nil also

1  Thank jayneastra