“Childs dream”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Childs dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Excellent shop lots of lovely sweets and they even gave us samples before we bought lots of old fashioned sweets too worth a visit

Visited October 2011
1 Thank CheshireGloria

Delamere, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“One of THE best place to go in Chester, superb prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Okay, I know Chester has lots of sweet shops dotted around the place, Ye Olde Sweet Shope, Sweets of Heaven, Candyland and Thorntons etc, but Mr Simms (It's got a new name now) has excelled itself.

When you enter the shop, you are instantly hit with an array of wierd, wonderful and wacky sweets, (including the ORIGINAL milk bottles with the cornflour). They also do a small range of American branded sweets, which are reasonably cheaper than Sweets of Heaven in the Grosvenor Precinct.

The service there is exceptional, and being a student I always get a warm friendly welcome and maybe the odd sample to try, which is wonderful. A must visit shop for anybody visiting Chester

Visited December 2011
2 Thank andybell123
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

we went in to explore one saturday afternoon, and decided to have a pick and mix. Being the indecisive person i am i could choose what to have, lucky the young welsh girl that served us was very knowledgable and advised us very well on our sweet choice..thank you.

West Kirby, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ever shop: Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

I went in with my dad and found it amazing. We left and went to pick my mum up from the station. After picking her up we drove back to town and ended up going back, showing my mum the shop and we bought some great sweets for Halloween.I only bought a couple of sweets so definitely going back before Halloween. Great range of sweets!! :D :) :P

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Sally H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I went to this shop the other day with my son and daughter, it seemed lovely at first until when i asked for help picking an item the lady who later told me she was the owner was very very rude and really quite aggressive. I will not be going into that shop ever again! My children left very upset and I too am very upset I even went in there.

20 Thank joannehar