“Simple and welcoming”

Ranked #89 of 573 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The burlingtons has a low ceiling...you have been warned. We usually drop in for a cup of tea pit stop whilst shopping in chester, lovely cafe. Nice food and very good price. Staff are friendly and efficient. Don't understand the other reviews below four stars. No tables outside when we went but it was December.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Went in here for lunch, everything clean and tidy, tables a little small but adequate and cosy atmsophere. Food ok and reasonly priced. Everything about this place ok, nothing special but nothing wrong with it either

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I am vegetarian and Burlingtons always makes food for me that is without meat. They make great sandwiches and soups. I eat here because though they are not a vegetarian specialty restaurant, they will make stuff just for me that is delicious.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I visit Burlington's every week with my friend and the staff are very friendly and always chatty. I can't understand why one reviewer said about the toilets and wondered what the kitchen was like. It is a staff toilet and it is explained everytime customers go. Plus to get to the toilet you have to enter the kitchen so the reviewer must have go into the kitchen with their eyes shut. This little cafe is a gem and has many many regular customers
including me

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Went here after a recommendation from a friend. Lovely welcome. Homemade Soup and a sandwich with a very tasty side salad. The salad wasn't just lettuce and tomato, it was pasta and couscous and dressing. All for £4.00, Excellent value! Lovely staff. We had a very relaxing lunch. Will definitely return!