Open today: 10:00 - 16:30
Review Highlights
A wonderful venue for everyone.

We hadn't been to Chester Zoo for many years, so on a recent trip to Chester and after avidly... read more

Reviewed yesterday
babs2207
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Final visit of an annual pass year!

My family and I have purchased the chester zoo annual pass for the last year and we managed to... read more

Reviewed yesterday
scottjep
Bolton, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chester
from US$679.56
More Info
from US$180.78
More Info
13,395 results
All reviews bat cave butterfly house conservation work baby elephants big cats large enclosures boat ride animal enclosures packed lunch great family day plenty of places to eat plenty of space school holidays monorail picnic lions jaguar
Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

Great event and well worth a visit

Both parents and kids loved it

Well done to the team for a wonderful time and engaging with the little ones

Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

Wow if you’ve booked tickets for Chester Zoo Lanterns you are in for a real treat! If not get tickets ASAP!! We had the most amazing evening, a fantastic spectacle, wonderful staff and lovely food! It was well organised with no queues and clear views of the lanterns! Utterly brilliant!

Date of experience: December 2018
O767TPjennifert, Guest Relations Manager at Chester Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Thanks so much for your kind comments.
We are so thrilled you had a good time.
CZ

Reviewed 2 December 2018

Wow! At 47 I don’t find many things as magical as when I was a child any more but the lanterns walk at Chester Zoo totally surpassed my expectations. There were new things to see around every corner and the entertainers and puppeteers were really good. The snow outside Oakfield house was so lovely, watching kids play with the falling snow was so heartwarming. As my hip is not great I went in a mobility scooter and there wasn’t anywhere I couldn’t get to, and felt like a lot of thought had gone into access for disabled people and push chairs. There was a wide range of food and drinks available although by 9pm some things had run out. We all loved it and will definitely go again next year.

Reviewed 2 December 2018

As a member I've been many times and always find something new. The zoo is continually developing and changing. The keepers and volunteers are all friendly and willing to chat and pass on their knowledge.
Those people who complain that "Lots of the animals weren't on show" should remember these are still 'wild' animals and are not there for our benefit, If an animal is not 'on show' when you arrive at their enclosure you should wait a while .....I've seen many people say "oh there's nothing here" and walk off after 5 seconds only for the animals to appear 5 or 10 minutes later
Definitely one of the best run zoos I've visited

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

The whole lantern Walk was absolutely beautiful the way it was all set out and all the people with costumes were very interactive , it was overall very beautiful however, when we went for the Christmas meal in the restaurant that was included , on one hand the food was lovely on the other hand the people serving it were really snotty and just overall couldn’t be bothered. They was just putting my food on and not asking me what I wanted. I wouldn’t mind but when I asked if I could change they just flat out said no and went and started to ignore me and laugh amongst themselves. Don’t usually leave reviews but thought I would because they was overall rude apart from that the family and I had a great day and would definitely go again.