“Best place ever”

Chester Zoo
Ranked #1 of 69 things to do in Chester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're the UK's number one charity zoo, with over 21,000 animals and 500 different species, including some of the most endangered species on the planet. With 1.9 million visitors every year, the zoo is an all-year round, full-day visitor attraction for everyone. We're open daily from 10am, except for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Car parking is free and on site. Facilities for disabled visitors, including self-drive electric scooters and wheelchairs.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

All I can say is this is the best place to visit! The amount of work and end effort the keepers do to look after these animals is extraordinary! The conservation programmes they take part in and the general concern they show for animals is truly heart warming! I can happily go visit every single day!

Date of experience: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (13,330)
All reviews
"packed lunch"
in 235 reviews
"great family day"
in 212 reviews
"plenty of places to eat"
in 153 reviews
in 505 reviews
"jaguar"
in 435 reviews

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My sister and I visited today! Didn't manage to get round all of the zoo but enjoyed everything that we saw and enjoyed having a conversation with one of the paradise birds next to the hornbills! I have to stay the highlight of our visit today was a staff member doing talks on the Komodo Dragon and Okapi's! We first met Phil(I think that's his name) in the fruit bat forest and he was so lovely to us, we had a really good conversation with him! He made the talks enjoyable and really interesting! Especially as Komodo Dragons are my favourite reptile! Will definitely be revisiting and hopefully hear some more talks from him! Thank you very much! We're definitely looking at getting memberships in the near future! Continue all your amazing work Chester Zoo!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Visited with our young kids and they thoroughly enjoyed it. It is bigger than the London zoo and Colchester zoo as well. Very clean and clearly mapped. We will visit again soon.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Visited here between Christmas and new year and the zoo is fantastic, loads to do and see and the information about the different animals was interesting! Food was ok and yes a little expensive but not as much as I thought it would be! My only gripe would be that we could have done with more time there, we arrived not long after opening and left when it closed, I guess this wouldn’t be a problem in the summer when open longer. Would have been nice if the price was reflected in the shorter hours! But all in all a great day out and I would recommend it!

Date of experience: December 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We dodged the weather and found a nice day to visit the zoo whilst visiting Chester after Christmas and what a good choice. Firstly it was nice to see the zoo accepting the careers for free offer and having wheelchairs available as having MS some days is unpredictable. It was lovely to see all the animals out in the sun and all the enclosure’s looked well maintained. A afternoon visit to one of the eateries for some lunch was worth it, the fish and chips were Delicious and the staff were so well friendly and welcoming. Overall it was a great day and we definitely made the right choice for the day

Date of experience: December 2018