“Nice food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pitcher and Piano

Pitcher and Piano
Ranked #55 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

8 of us ate here on Thursday night when out for a few drinks straight from work. We were having a mix of starters, sides and main courses but to arrive together. All food came at the right time and was tasty and good value. It's obvious something's going wrong with the Sunday dinners looking at the reviews but I couldn't complain re the service we received. I've had bad meals here in the past (12+ months ago) but they seem to have got themselves sorted. I'll return and would encourage others to. Only gripe of the evening was the doormen telling people that the outdoor heaters were working when they weren't. I love the place when you can sit outside all evening - there was no chance of that last Thursday!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rob H, General Manager at Pitcher and Piano, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Hi elmo50

Thanks very much for the review. Sounds like you had a good night, which is always good to hear (and such a shame to be forced into drinks and nibbles on a Thursday night!!!).

Above all, I wanted to say thanks for coming back to see us having had bad experiences. It's not often that we get a chance to make a second impression and having taken over at the back end of March, I'm very appreciative of that.

Hope to see you soon now the weather's warmer and you can actually take full advantage of the back outside area.

Thanks again,

Rob

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“So good I went there twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Arrived in Chester cold and miserable after a 7.5 hour journey from Southampton in the snow. So I pitched into the nearest place for a drink and something to eat. Great service, pleasant atmosphere and free WIFI - all I could ask for. Food was great - just enough and delicious.

So, when 6 of us were deciding to go the following evening, I suggested we went there and it was just as good again. Satisfied a wide variety of tastes and ages, service very efficient, and didn't cost the earth.

• Visited January 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Awful....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Went here for Sunday Lunch on 9th December during a weekend away shopping with my wife in Chester. We had previously been here 12 months earlier and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere so we thought we'd give it another go.

I ordered the Chicken, Bacon, Brie & New Potato salad and my wife ordered the Chicken Sunday Roast. My main was awful. I have tried this before many times in Birmingham and have always found the portion to be generous and well balanced. In Chester the description 'pan fried chicken breast' was a joke. There were three tiny pieces of chicken and even less bacon. To be honest it was a complete insult. For nearly ten pounds this was an utter joke. My wifes sunday dinner was nice enough at first glance, but the fact they served her roast potatoes which were stone cold frozen in the centre was unacceptable. Admittedly, they offered to take my meal off and they gave us 10% off too was a gesture, but neither of their dishes should have ever made it out of the kitchen.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Over priced glitzy city pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We visited New Year's Eve during our visit too Chester, it was cold, we tried too order and they didn't have what we wanted, after askin for 2 drinks not not having either, we had SOL beer, x 2 £7.70 ....... Way too expensive, the lights were dimmed the music cranked up and the chavs started too arrive, so we left quickly.

Abergele, United Kingdom
“Don't come here for Sunday Lunch!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

We had a terrible Sunday lunch here. We chose to eat at the Pitcher because it was close to where we had parked the car and it was our last stop before heading home to North Wales.
We order 2 lamb dinners. The waiter advised that the chef had dropped the carrots on the floor that morning so there wouldn't be any carrots with the meal. This was fine with us as according to the menu there was plenty of other veg. When our meal came the leeks and stufing were missing from the plate. The only veg on the plate were broccoli which was too hard to cut, roast potatoes and cold parsnips. The lamb itself was very tasty but was not hot. I asked for mint sauce which they took their time to bring to our table. I complained about the missing veg and was told that the chef hadn't informed the staff that they didn't have them!. After finishing our meal we were'nt seen again by the waiters, so weren't offered pudding which we probably would have tried because we were both still really hungy.
The only positive feedback I can give was that it was clean and the house red was really nice.

• Visited November 2012