“Horrible”

The Spice Balti
Ranked #312 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Starters were very nice to begin with, but it all went down hill from there onwards, Extremely slow for mains and the staff were more bothered about playing on there phones. I then decided to go to the toilet but instead walked into a little asain family tucked up in bed which was very unexpected. The curry was watery and rice was very dry which was vulgar.
I ordered a drink which came in a dirty glass i found this very unhygienic, would advise against this restaurant, I'm sure they are very hardworking but the quality an standard off the restaurant just isn't there.
I recommend Indian Flava or Ahmeds which are located on the same road.

• Visited December 2013
7 Thank TonyB7651

Chester, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We went to the Spice Balti last night I sad to say it was the worst me I have ever been served in a restuarant. The Kebab starter was extremely tough both mince meat part and the chunks of Lamb.The main course wa equally bad, tough meat and poor quality ingredients. And to top it all the Cobra beer was warm. Service was slow despite us being the only two in the restaurant @ 10.30pm perhaps that is someting we should have picked up on. Avoid. Plenty more choice in the same street. We left our meal and had a delicious takeaway from Ahmeds.

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Billy_squibble
Chester, United Kingdom
“LIES”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The average food wasn't the only disappointment when my wife and friend dined at the spice balti on sunday 22nd december. After entering my pin number 3 times inti their pdq machine, and being told 3 times that the machine was at fault , i was informed bythe delightful member of staff that i was refusing to pay and he would be telephoning the police. I replied that i am not refusing to pay but rather their machine was at fault. I was told that i had spat in his face and that he would also be informing the police of my 'assault'. I was astonished, then two more 'waiters' arrived and claimed that they had witnessed the spitting. I then asked if the had cctv, they said that they had, to which i replied i would be looking forward to viewing the 'assault' myself. The situation was defused by the 'owner' who took my card and magically the machine worked. Please do avoid this place, average food was one thing but to be accused of assault via spitting? a whole new definition to customer service. Well done spice balti, outstanding customer interaction, oh by the way, there are 3 more indian restaurants on the same street as the spice balti, my only guess is that the spice balti makes too much money and doesn't want any more of mine

• Visited September 2013
9 Thank damien67201
manchester
“Vile”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

went with a touring cricket party of 12 boys and 16 adults. Had the so called buffet ,but first a large plate of stale poppadoms were served to the table along with some watery chutneys. I had one bite of that filth and then made my way across the disgusting dirty carpet to the vats of 'curry'.These were indescribably bad,Thin. watery tasteless and rancid sauce perfectly complemented the days old chewy chicken and some other meat whose origins could only be guessed at.. Amazingly one person in our party of 28 actually described his meal as 'rather good'. We are sending him for an urgent psychiatric appointment. Not just the worst ever curry but the worst restaurant food I have ever had in my 58 years!

• Visited July 2013
8 Thank letsby
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Ordered food for delivery, should have been £15, online said 20% discount would be added. Total was £28, no explanation for this. Food was awful, meat was poor quality. Just avoid!!!

• Visited July 2013