“Freshly Cooked Delectable Food”
Review of Barton Rouge

Barton Rouge
Ranked #116 of 587 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We saw through the window the huge naan the customers were eating. That led us to dine there. We were greeted by smiling and polite staff. We took some time looking through numerous choices we couldn't fully understand. With some help, we managed to order 4 dishes. We were told it would be a 45-minute wait. We were served delicious crackers with 4 flavourful dips. The curry chicken was very spicy but tasty; the curry vegetables too sweet for our palate; and the dahl was mouth watering. The restaurant was full on that Friday evening. There were a few families with young kids and sometimes our voices were lost in the noisy environment. However, it was worth dining there. Food was delicious and reasonably priced and service was great. My friend who had stated that Indian food's not for her was a convert after the meal!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

VisiTed here father's day and my parents travelled 40 mins to come here to meet me as I live in chester so thought would be nice as it was fathers day. We first in 5.30pm on opening and everything was going well. Starters were nice,then ordered mains and I specifically asked for fresh chopped chilli in my tikka byriani and he wrote it down and I mentioned it 2 more times in order for this to be right. So my parents food arrived although we waited 45 mins after starters and then my food never arrived. So we waited and waoted. My parents were now half way through their meals and still no food. I called waiter who was walking by and said when's my food coming which he jokingly replied ohhh u must of been hungry looking at my clean plate and I was like no I haven't had my food which he continued to laugh until he realised I was being serious. He then went to check. My food eventually arrived in which was incorrect with no fresh chilli's insight. I called over again to staff as by this point I was getting angry as my mum and dad basically finished .they were apologetic and saying g we Re make I said no as by time all cooked I will be eating on my own. I said take it away and get us the bill. I then went to speak to manager which I was very anoid and disheartened by this point and he was like we have taken it off your bill and remake it as you wanted and not pay for it. I was like right ok so we then waited. It finally arrived for me to take home and then thought right this will be spot on now well how disappointed was i... opened it and basically tipped the meal from my plate into container which had then mixed with the pieces of lettuce they had garnished it with on plate and stuck 3 green chilli's on the top. Not even cooked in it as they said they was going to. Will not be returning here again. Big staffing issue here. Shame as food can be nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited this restaurant for tea on a Sunday. The restaurant itself is in a nice location and the interior is clean and modern.

The menu had plenty of choice. I opted for Butter Chicken, but it tasted more like an Italian dish than Indian, it was heavy on the tomato puree which meant any other flavours were lost. It was pleasant enough but wasn't what I expected, so I was a little underwhelmed with my choice. My husband opted for (I think it was this) Malaya chicken which to me tasted very much like Korma, couldn't really distinguish it, but it was very heavy on the cream so was rather sickly for my taste (but that may be exactly as it should be). My daughter opted for the standard chicken tikka masala and that did exactly what it said on the tin and was the best of the three dishes, very nice. We went for a family sized naan which was huge as were the portions of curry, but quality wise the naan was disappointing because it was largely dry. As we were tearing pieces off we were making a right mess! In my mind, if you can't do a huge naan that's good quality it's probably best to stick to standard.

As said it was pleasant enough and the service was good, but I wouldn't rush back. I've had better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my Sister took my Dad for Fathers Day. The food was lovely, the staff were lovely. Waited a little bit inbetween courses as they were busy, but we don’t mind that as it gives us time to chill and enjoy the evening .

Will deffinately return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the restaurant on a Saturday and it was very busy. We didn't order any starters and it took quite a while for the mains to come. I was pretty disappointed - years ago the food was quite authentic but not anymore. The garlic naan and the tandoori mixed grill was really dry. I thought it wasn't worth what we paid for. Lovely staff however.