“Fantastic Surprise”

Artichoke
Ranked #30 of 564 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Contempory cafe, bar and bistro. From Sunday Roast to coffee, tea and toast, cocktails to real ales. Relaxed and friendly service combined with quality food and drinks. A great range of homemade cakes, real ale from Cheshire breweries, continental lager and artisan beers, modern bistro dining using the finest local suppliers and a wine and cocktail list second to none.
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Really worried about where to take the family tonight. We have wined and dined all over England because of family &friends.But never In chester.The food was fabulous,the quality & taste excellent.portion size great.
I had duck and my mother had hake both beautiful. We will def come back for food and atmosphere!loving the exposed brick walls too!!

There are newer reviews for Artichoke

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a gorgeous restaurant that we booked for dinner purely based on its reviews from TA.
What a fantastic find!!! Lovely surroundings, fab food, very helpful and attentive staff where nothing is too much trouble. Very busy for a Tuesday night- always a good sign. They also have the most fab drinks list- such an array of choices!!
Excellent evening and we would definitely be regulars here if we lived in chester!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

All our dishes were very well presented and delicious! The pheasant was amazing.
We particularly liked the variety of Gins on offer William Chase Gin and Cheshire's own Hunters which was lovely.
The bistro has a great relaxing atmosphere. We have booked to go for lunch this Sunday as we were so impressed. I hope this restaurant is consistent.
I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Ash W
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was our first trip to Chester and I spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a restaurant to eat at. I chose this based on a recommendation and trip advisor reviews. The menu looked pretty good too.

I have to say we were not disappointed. We shared the hummus, olives and parsnip crisps to start. My mum had the Fillet of Plaice and fresh crab. Apparently the artichoke mash that it came with was AMAZING and she reckons its the best meal she's eaten out in a long time.

I had the pheasant which was very good, if anything a little dry for my liking. Loved the haggis.

Portions were plenty big enough but that didn't stop us tucking into some veg and potato sides too.

Staff very attentive and friendly but not overly so. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

out the way of the city centre this place is brilliant. Great food which looks amazing and very intentive staff. proberly the best place in chester.