“Great Place! No plonkers here!”
Review of The Chester Fields

The Chester Fields
Ranked #46 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Great Place! No plonkers here!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We tried the Chesterfields on our friends recommendation! The place was very busy and the service was excellent. Young lad who attended to us in the bar area was very good and the food was great. May sound strange but I particularly liked going to the toliet - where episodes of Only fools and Horses were on! Excellent touch! Will definitely be returning with a bigger party for my birthday in a few weeks time! I now have a new favourite restaurant! Paul

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank xpauledwardsx

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location- food could be better”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Chester Fields overlooks farmland in the Cheshire countryside just outside Chester. The seating area to the rear is stunning on a warm June evening such as the one my wife and I visited on. Inside it is very pleasant, the bar stocks a varied and unusual range of drinks from around the world.
The food is good without being brilliant. I had the Sunday roast of beef. The portion size is good, the vegetables fresh and correctly cooked and the potatoes crunchy! However the roast beef I found to be served very thinly cut and when cut it became stringy. In fact on my last visit which also happened to be on a Sunday I had the beef which I had similar issues with. My wife had the home made Fish & chips. She described the fish in batter as too greasy for her liking and the huge chunks of potato so wanting to become chips were undercooked on the inside. The staff are alright, friendly but very young and lacking in a degree of customer service and a tendency to say just a little too much.
I really really want to love this place if only for the incredible location but my wife says she would not return so I guess I won't be either. I may try and get her in there for lunch on a weekday.
Great potential..but in my view not quite there..yet!

4 Thank SilvioDante
Ellesmere Port
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Fresh food. Beautiful views. Friendly staff. and austrian lager. Can't ask for better. Will be bsck.

England
“Fantastic meal!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We ate at this restaurant on a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon, the views from the restaurant alone from sitting outside in the Garden area were great and the indoor area was just as nice.

Service was prompt and friendly with drinks and meals coming out in no time at all. Burgers were the dish of the day with the Chester fields Burger & Pulled pork burger being sampled, both were cooked & seasoned to perfection with crunchy fries too match.

This is a Dog friendly establishment with fresh water available and also Dog treats which is a nice to see as a dog owner.

I would recommend eating here if you would like a nice meal in lovely surroundings.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal and great environment”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We visited the restaurant as we are staying in the area and we drove past and it looked nice.

We went in with our 3 year old and 10 week old and found a very nice table outside.

We went on a Wednesday night, and it was steak night.

I had the crab cakes for starter, the Rib Eye with Bernaise sauce and the Lemon Grass and White Chocolate Panacotta. My wife had the Sausage platter starter, the Sirloin with Peppercorn sauce and Chocolate Brownie for pudding.

My 3 year old had the infant portion of tomato pasta.

Firstly, i'd like to say that the service was very good, quick and helpful when my daughter spilt her drink.

The building and the outside space are really well decorated and laid out, really nice and modern and very very clean.

The drinks came out quickly, and the starters followed very quickly afterwards. In fact all of the food came very quickly, hot and very good.

The starters were tasty, the steaks well cooked and the accompaniments all very good.

My daughters pasta was great, and she really enjoyed it.

The desserts were very good indeed, with my wife thoroughly enjoying the brownie, she may have said one of the best she has had.

All in all, a very nice place to eat, reasonably priced for the quality of the cooking, and great service.

If we lived locally or are visiting the area again, we will definitely be coming back.