“A very pleasant experience all-round.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Chester Fields

The Chester Fields
Ranked #45 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: View, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant experience all-round.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have often driven past this restaurant, before trying it out one evening. The menu is varied, with a French leaning; the food and bar drinks are good, and the service was excellent !

We've been back at lunchtime since, and will certainly be back again !

• Visited May 2014

Chester, United Kingdom
“Becoming part of the Cheshire set?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Good mix of people here - there is a lot of competition on the A56, and Chester Fields is holding its own :-)

Visited April 2014
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Great Place! No plonkers here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We tried the Chesterfields on our friends recommendation! The place was very busy and the service was excellent. Young lad who attended to us in the bar area was very good and the food was great. May sound strange but I particularly liked going to the toliet - where episodes of Only fools and Horses were on! Excellent touch! Will definitely be returning with a bigger party for my birthday in a few weeks time! I now have a new favourite restaurant! Paul

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank xpauledwardsx
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location- food could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Chester Fields overlooks farmland in the Cheshire countryside just outside Chester. The seating area to the rear is stunning on a warm June evening such as the one my wife and I visited on. Inside it is very pleasant, the bar stocks a varied and unusual range of drinks from around the world.
The food is good without being brilliant. I had the Sunday roast of beef. The portion size is good, the vegetables fresh and correctly cooked and the potatoes crunchy! However the roast beef I found to be served very thinly cut and when cut it became stringy. In fact on my last visit which also happened to be on a Sunday I had the beef which I had similar issues with. My wife had the home made Fish & chips. She described the fish in batter as too greasy for her liking and the huge chunks of potato so wanting to become chips were undercooked on the inside. The staff are alright, friendly but very young and lacking in a degree of customer service and a tendency to say just a little too much.
I really really want to love this place if only for the incredible location but my wife says she would not return so I guess I won't be either. I may try and get her in there for lunch on a weekday.
Great potential..but in my view not quite there..yet!

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank SilvioDante
Ellesmere Port
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Fresh food. Beautiful views. Friendly staff. and austrian lager. Can't ask for better. Will be bsck.