“Vegetarian loses out again” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Chester
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Cheshire
“Vegetarian loses out again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

My friend took me to eat here today - she ordered meat lasagne and I ordered the veggie one - when my food arrived I commented to my friend that there was no quorn in the meal - queried with staff who confirmed that I had been served with spinach ricotta as they had no veggie lasagne - would have been nice to have been advised and offered a choice of other veggie meals!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Spud80

• Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Cakes Ruined by Abysmal Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

10 minutes waiting to get a table with three tables in front of us waiting to be cleared the whole time.

15 minutes waiting to place our order

5 minutes wait for the cakes to arrive

10 more minutes before the wrong drinks arrive - cake long eaten.

10 more minutes for the correct drinks to arrive, my partner leaves to avoid parking fine!

15 minutes to get the bill

Total - over one hour of my life wasted.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank d_k_york
Cheshire
“A Disaster!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Double Chocolate Gateau was a complete disaster! The cake had been ordered for my birthday ,, I have to say it was a mess, the top, which was to heavy for the cake base had completely collapsed into the centre by the time it was ready to be cut mid afternoon on the same day! Far from it being full Belgeum chocolate on the outside and the top, it was in fact a fondant rather than the Belgeum chocolate it was supposed to be! Far too much mousse between the very thin layers of sponge, thus the reason the whole thing had collapsed in the centre!! It was such a disappointment and ruined my birthday! We won't be recommending Valerie Petisere to anyone!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DuchessCheshire
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
“welcome brew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is one of my favourite places to visit when I'm in Chester. I had to do a bit of shopping, so what could be nicer than sitting with a delicious slice of cake and a pot of Earl Grey? The only down side to this place is that it is very difficult to make a choice, there is a vast array of the most scrummy cakes you could ever imagine. I sat in a little alcove and got lost in my cake, lovely, I was now ready to conquer the shops......By the way, they do a not half bad breakfast too, well worth a visit.

Halifax, West Yorks
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were taken in by my mother in law who had visited with her husband previously.

Don't be fooled by the pretty cakes in the window.

It was overpriced, I nearly fainted at the prices for sandwiches and the side salad was drenched in salad dressing that delightfully soaked into everything and the artichokes and olives chucked on my plate looked like last nights kebab leftovers.

If you have a child then best go to elsewhere. I asked the waiter to warm some food up. He refused and shot my daughter a look as though she was clearly an inconvenience. I appreciate that for health and safety reasons most establishments cannot warm food but really...a tea cup of water to warm her spag bol? Pathetic.

i got the feeling we were not welcome from the off. Obviously when one is eating a £6 slither of cake one doesn't want MY daughter interrupting them because she was asking for her dinner (which she couldn't eat because her food was cold).

Avoid, avoid, avoid!