Easy to locate and only a few miles into Chester with a park & ride located close by. Near to motorways for exploring Cheshire & North Wales.
On arrival check in staff were very pleasant and efficient. Hotel had that tired look and whilst walking to room passed a male cleaner who was unfriendly and we were greeted with sight of dirty linen and empty glasses on floor with the latter remaining outside rooms till the following morning..
Room itself a reasonable size but had a stale and unpleasant odour with the bathroon dowdy and scruffy looking. We asked for a non smoking room but there was evidence of cigarette smell.
We were on a family stay of two nights and on the first morning at 8.05am the cleaner tried to access the room which in our view was too early and luckily our chain was on. She tried unsuccessfully with other rooms making a lot of noise in the process. Although far from wanting to stay in bed till mid morning our plan was to have a bit of a lie in before setting of on our travels after 9am whenearly morning commuter traffic had gone. We mentioned being awoken to reception who were apologetic agreeing it was too early to disturb guests stating housekeeping would be told but the same occurance repeated itself the following morning!!!
The hotel was noisy which to be fair we would not blame Holiday Inn for families with unruly children running up corridors making noise, however signs could be on show stating no running and to keep quiet or even the staff could try to enforce.
Not a brilliant experience sadly the overall stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire