Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with friends. The cost of the room was probably a bit more that it should have been considering you have to pay extra for breakfast.
The restaurant food and breakfast here is VERY expensive, more than most. You get a discount for breakfast if you book the night before but even then it was terribly expensive @ £10. It was a buffet breakfast with cooked food, but I still think it was overpriced.
The restaurant prices were more expensive than a lovely posh restaurant we went to in Chester itself and you got a very small portion too. It is worth the cheap taxi fare just to make the effort to have dinner in town.
The pool and jacuzzi were nice but full of noisy children all weekend, which you should bear in mind if you're planning a heavy night and a hangover the next day (no peace!)
It was a shame that the saunas were in the changing rooms, which meant if you want to share it with your other half, or male/female friends, then you can't.
The rooms were great and the shower was very powerful - good.
We tried to call room service but it just rung out and no one answered, so we ended up having to go and order the food at the bar and then go back down to collect it when it was ready.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire