We stayed at the Holiday inn Chester south on a 2 for 1 mini break in half term it is situated on a busy dual carriage way near the business park but once inside you could not hear any traffic noise.We did think it did not look great from outside but once we got inside it was nice.All the staff we saw over the two days were lovely,friendly and helpful all though they did seem quite under pressure as they had alot of jobs to do.We had a meal in the bar on the tuesday night as there seemed to be no pubs in the vicinity of the hotel.The meal itself was okay but i had lasagne and it was only warm not hot but edible.I thought the two men working in the bar gave excellent service nothing was any trouble to them.I thought the room itself was quite clean but a few tweaks here and there would go along way for example the sink in the bathroom was cracked which i didn"t like.I think what sells holiday inn is the fact that they have a swimming pool was great and loved the jacuzzi.I do think that i prefer premier travel inn but would stay in a holiday inn for the swimming pool which is great if you have children.Another point is i think this hotel has alot of guests who must stay because of work because there seemed to be alot of doors slamming early morning and on both mornings we got a knock on the door from the cleaning staff the first morning a man knocked at about 9.30a.m which was okay as we were up ready to go out but the second morning a lady knocked at 8.30a.m and walked in we had just got up and were still in our nightclothes,she did say sorry and went back out but that is not the point you do not expect the cleaner knocking first thing on a morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire