I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Chester South many times, and eventually as they were offering such good wedding packages, got married here in February 2011.
The hotel looks very dated in style from the outside (but not in decoration which is good) but inside the place as had a great makeover.
Reception staff are great and very friendly and check in is always smooth.
Finding your room can sometimes be difficult as the hotel is built on 2 floors on a square, with a garden in the centre. There are many corridors and finding friends if you are staying with any can sometimes be diffuicult, but fun.
The rooms are great and if you can get a deal and get a deluxe room for a good price its worth it. Wodden shuuters on the windows, minifridge, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, trouser press are all included. The only thing you dont get in the standard room is the fridge. There is a desk in each room with a light.
Bathrooms are good and roomy, plenty of towels provided, you also get shampoo etc minitures.
The pool area and gym are a good size, but the ppol can get very busy with children at times. however is still good for relaxing. They have other spa treatments that you can book (best booked in advance).
Food is loveley, breakfast is buffet style, and Sunday lunch is a must, last time I visited it was under £3 for lunch and was very tasty.
There is a bar in the hotel, with an outdoor patio area, drinks are normal hotel prices.
The decoration generally around the hotel is of good quality.
I decided after several stays for Christmas Pary Nights, to book my wedding here. The Christmas Pary nights were always good value and the food delicious, and on my wedding day they did not let me down.
I got a £1000 deal for my wedding, and obvioulsy added extras but I ended up only paying the hotel around £1500, and that was for a 3 course meal for 60 in the day, buffet in the eveining for 110, disco, cake stand, master of cermonies and a drinks package also included was a room for my new husband and I overnight. Really excellent value, and I was very very happy with my day. A few minor hickups, but nothing that spoilt my day, and I would recommend anyone ot get married here. Lisa and Ronald were very helpful in all the planning.
Getting back to basics, this hotel is good for a short stay, a long weekend, or a week to visit the area. Its good if your on business in the area, and the Chester Business Park is next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire