I stayed her for three nights on business and when I first arrived I was worried by what this hotel would be like as from the outside it is very unimpressive. It is an ugly 70s/80s building with absolutely no redeeeming features. However, once inside my opinion completely changed. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and I was soon on the way to my room. Here is where the hotels only fault lies. There are only two floors and the hotel has been built such that there appears to only be one corrider. This meant that the walk to my room was very long. Once in my room though I was able to relax in clean and comfortable surroundings. There was a large new flatscreen TV that had the main freeview channels including the HD ones which was very impressive.
The food was very nice. A simple choice of the usual pub type dishes but the ones I had were well prepared and very tasty.
I attempted to use the pool but there was a fitness class in progress. The member of staff who saw me approaching immediately informed me that the class was about to finish but I was on a tight schedule so didn't bother using the pool. It seemed okay though.
I was here on business so the hotels out of town location was fine. If I was in Chester for leisure I would still be tempted to use this hotel as it is very good and there is a park and ride bus stop directly outside which will get you into town for about £3 return in just a few minutes..
Overall, I was very mpressed and would definately stay here again. The hotel only loses a point due to the ugliness of the exterior and the bad layout of the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire