“Fantastic”

Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Chester
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great value and we where given an upgraded room so was fantastic. Pool was great for the kids and hotel was very clean will use again when back in the chester area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Torre T

Thank you for a great review, comments such as yours make our efforts worth it. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chester.

Darren Cooke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here for 1 night in February. Booked a bargain through laterooms.com and we weren't disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and food was tasty and reasonably priced. It's not the most attractive of hotels, quite similar to an American motel, but it's clean and functional. We did not get to use the pool but members of our party did and they were very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear eric_sykes

Thank you for your comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Chester-South and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Halifax West Yorks
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel in Chester. The building is rather unassuming from the exterior, but is well maintained and comfortable inside. Clean, spacious bedroom with an open view of a rectangular garden. Staff are helpful, friendly and polite in all areas of the hotel. Our booking included dinner on the first night and this included 3 courses from an extensive menu served in an attractive dining room. Breakfast was also good with plenty of choice and the whole dining room was again well managed.Our only criticism was the bedroom was much too warm, I asked for the heating to be reduced on the first night, as we were unable to control this ourselves. This was done efficiently, but once more on the final morning when we were due to leave, the room became tropical - this is not energy or environmentally friendly! Overall, a very good value break and one I would consider again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Eric_sykes

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to Holiday Inn Chester-South. We are committed to running a hotel that guests love and from your kind words it appears we are on the right track. Thank you once again and hope you return soon.

Kind Regards

Reading
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hotel is well located – near Park & Ride for Chester, and beside main road for Welsh coast. The hotel itself does not win any awards for location or architecture but so what ? Reception staff were friendly and efficient. Room was clean, bed was excellent, bathroom was tidy. We had room service which was easy to order and arrived within 20 minutes (there is of course a small service charge which is perfectly acceptable). We didn’t have any food in the restaurant or drink from the bar as we are familiar with Holiday Inn pricing and quality. The pool and changing rooms were warm and clean. Overall despite the many poor and terrible reviews we found the hotel to be more than reasonable.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rw2497
Dear RW2497

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Chester-South. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your kind words; I will ensure these are shared with my team. Once again, thank you and my team and I hope that you return in the not to distant future

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I booked my friend and I into the Holiday Inn Chester South (our first stay, but not last) as we were having a Spa Package treatment the following day. From the time we arrived to the time we left the staff were fabulous. From the receptionists, bar stewards, restaurant managers to the porters, everyone was friendly, smiley and more than happy to help. We were going to go into Chester for an evening meal, but because the atmosphere was so pleasant we decided to eat in the restaurant, the food was beautifully cooked, well presented and reasonable. Before our journery home after, our spa treatment we had a late lunch in the bar area, which exceeded all expectations. My friend adored the chill jam!! And was given a sample to take away with her by Sally Anne, who excelled in customer service skills. If you have a treatment you will also get a voucher for 25% off food from the bar - which is an excellent saving. We were so pleased with our stay we asked the Duty Manager to spend some time with us to provide some feedback, Arina was very grateful and assured us she would pass on the comments. The room was spacious and with very comfortable beds and the shower blasted you - which we ace. We will definitely make an effort to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear AnneSeymour66

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Chester-South. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your kind words; I will ensure these are shared with my team. I know that Sally-Anne will be overjoyed that you enjoyed her hospitality and the hilli jam.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

When we pulled up to the hotel, we were a bit disheartened with it being more of a motel and right on the exit of the motorway but the minute we walked through the doors all my reservations vanished. We were having one night's stay and a couple of days in Chester for my little girl's birthday, which I had mentioned in passing when I booked. The receptionist greeted us by name without having to introduce ourselves and she engaged my daughter in conversation about her birthday which made her day. 10 minutes after arriving in our room (which was very clean and a reasonable size with both the beds for the children having been made up in readiness) there was a knock at the door and another member of staff brought a birthday card, a cake with a candle and sang "happy birthday" to my daughter, she was over the moon! After the cake had been eaten, we used the swimming pool which was a decent size, the changing rooms were clean with towels, shower gel, swimsuit spinners and hairdryers all supplied FOC, just £1 (returnable) required for locker. We enjoyed leisurely swim, used the spa bath and sauna, etc. We had bought the DB&B package so we got dressed up and went to the restaurant. I had brought a cake and asked if they would bring it out with candles lit after we had finished eating, which they did. They also provided helium balloons and party hats which was yet another wonderful surprise for my daughter. The menu choice was varied and the food cooked well. The waiter was extremely polite and helpful as was the Maitre'D. The same goes for the breakfast, I think it was the nicest buffet breakfast I have had and looked like care had been taken over the preparation of every item. I like my bacon extra crispy and it was no problem asking for it to be returned and cooked a little longer. As well as the hot items, there were pastries, selection of cereals, fruit & yoghurt, etc. Every member of staff was pleasant, helpful, polite and bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable, I have stayed at more expensive, impressive hotels in nicer surroundings but the staff more than make up for the style/location of this hotel. I think "above and beyond" is the phrase I'd like to use. Saying that, even the location isn't that bad, it may be on the motorway but we didn't notice any noise, the double glazing did it's job as well as the rest of them, there is a little garden area away from the cars if you want to go outside, everything I noticed was spotlessly clean and there is a park and ride into Chester just over the road. I think I can honestly say that although my stay was brief, I have never had a more relaxing and enjoyable stay anywhere in the UK - Loved it!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sara J
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Sara J

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Chester-South. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your very kind words; I will ensure these are shared with my team, I know it will give them great pleasure knowing they made your stay special.

At Holiday Inn we aim to create Great Hotels that Guests Love, from your comments it proves we have really embraced that vision.

Once again, thank you, and my team and I hope that you return in the not to distant future

Devon, England
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Very friendly staff. More friendly and welcoming than in most holiday inns. No lift to upper floor which makes it a bit difficult when carrying luggage. Had an executive room which seemed like MILES away - had to walk for ages to get to it. Once there the room was fine. Nice pool, jacuzzi etc. Breakfast was find too. Didn't eat in restaurant as preferred to go into the old town which is really nice, and only a short drive away.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room that doesn't overlook either of the main roads on 2 sides.