Stayed during Chester Races and had an executive room. The staff on reception were pleasant and helpfull and the checkin was quick and easy. We had lunch in the bar which was fresh and good value for money. However, the room was not as fresh as the lunch, it was old and tired with typical 1980 decor and fixtures. The room did receive one attempt at being modernised but the addition of a huge 40 inch TV on the desk was not our idea of modern. The room had a sofa but this had a hole in it, a coffee table with a burn mark on it and the bathroom was a dark place with no lights over the bath. The large TV was enhanced with digital channels and pay movies but the quality of the picture was poor.
Breakfast was in the dining room which was very nice but as the food was self service it was cold, too much cooked in advance.
The hotel was adequate but not real value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire