Turned up late at this hotel after a long drive & my heart immediately sunk when I saw the drab 1970s building. "Not another dreary decaying hotel" I thought but I was wrong.
On entering I was met with a clean, modern and efficient reception which was backed up with a recently refurbished room.
Widescreen TV, power shower, mini bar, settee & desk - even a complementary Mars bar.
After a good (and quiet) nights sleep, I was again surprised by the first rate dining room & breakfast buffet. Even though the restaurant was busy with tourists (I saw 3 coaches parked outside), there were spare tables, a great choice of food (which was frequently topped up) and busy staff clearing away (one of my biggest annoyances).
Checking out was also quick & faultless.
All for £69 per night - this really puts the budget hotel chains to shame
It also shows what can be done when you have good, motivated and well trained staff
So in summary despite the looks from the outside, this is a good place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire