We had needed a weekend away for some time and since we don't have a bath in our home we chose somewhere that we could have a warm and relaxing stay. The only thing was at 8:30 pm we tried to have a long soak before a glass of wine and sleep.
That didn't work! My husband tried to run his bath and couldn't get any hot water so we rang reception and a handy woman knocked on the door asking to try the tap 5 minutes later. She would go off to check the boiler I was informed. We heard no more. After 30 minutes we decided to try again. This time my husband got a half a bath full of warm water and decided he was ok with that.
Then when I ran mine I got 4 inches! On leaving the next day I mentioned this, just to get a nonchalant 'sorry!'
I complained on the website and was just told that my comments would be passed on. I have heard nothing.
We really liked Holiday inn's but this has now changed since our second night was spent at an express version in Crewe. This one just had a shower, and a breakfast that was a free for all, by the way don't expect all your breakfast on your plate at once as you'll have to grab it whilst it's on offer. Breakfast in stages isn't my thing. What did I get when I mentioned this in my complaint...This is the way we operate now.
Not happy with the whole customer journey as a result. £150 not well spent on 2 nights accomodation with breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire