We booked a family room Friday - Sunday with breakfast.
Check in was very smooth and quick with very friendly staff.
The room on entering did smell a little damp but nothing too awful. We were a family of three there were only two mugs and no decaf coffee. I went to reception and got a spare mug and coffee and milk was sent to the room very quickly.
The room was very clean and light. Nice complimentary shampoo, soap and body wash in the bathroom which was also very clean.
The one great thing about holiday inns they have air conditioning in the rooms which was great in the hot weather.
Breakfast was inlcuded, it was 7.30 on weekends which was great due to our early start on Saturday. Staff very friendly on arrival explained how it worked. Breakafast had so much choice it was brillant, Fresh fruit, fruit in syrup, various yoghurts, meat and cheese, Toast, pastriesm juices, cereals and the cooked brekfast was hot with plenty of choice. I had an omlette made fresh which was very good. The highlight for my daughter they have a pancake machine, that was a huge plus for her.
Overall the oocation is very good for travelling, the pool was good as the gym. There is a park and ride bus service into chester across the road from the hotel.
This is the second time we have stayed there and will definately go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire