Both the hotel and our room were decorated to a good standard. Bedroom and bed were clean and comfortable. The restaurant staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was included in our tariff, and was excellent with a wide choice. We thought that the dinner menu, although very well cooked and presented, was just a little expensive, A choice of a couple of more modest dishes would have been welcome. On arrival, I had to report to Reception the condition of the bathroom basin because in a number of places the plastic coating had blistered. We liked to room location so stayed, but we were nevertheless slightly surprised that the room had been allocated to guests. The pool and fitness suite were all clean and well maintained as were the changing rooms.
We were aware that parking in Chester is very limited and one of the factors that influenced our choice of hotel was because it was only about 10 minutes by frequent No 1 bus into Chester.
In summary the hotel was fine with good Leisure suite and ample parking; and a fast bus service into the centre of Chester. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire