Overall this holiday inn is fine, but why there is no lift is very strange in a 3/4 star property. Although I realised this prior to making a reservation, it is not stated on the hotel's own website, only on third party websites. There are only 2 floors, but it is struggle with a pram and I am not sure how wheelchair users would cope if assigned a room on the first floor.
Anyway, the hotel itself is as previously described - 70s/80s exterior with a fresh new reception/lobby area. The internal corridors seem to go on for a long time with plenty of twists and turns before finding your room.
The rooms are good, standard holiday inn decor and good sized bathrooms although looking slightly dated now.
The pool area was good - a nice hot tub in a conservatory extension of the pool if you like and a sauna in the changing rooms. I could not see a steam room though. The gym looked OK, but did not have to use it.
On checking in we were offered special vouchers for breakfast at £10 each as opposed to the regular c£14 price. We took up this offer as there are no eateries located in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. On a Sunday morning the restaurant was busy with small queues forming, but nothing too serious. The curse of the Satrurday night wedding party was avioded as those guests were shown to a separate dining room.
Prices in the bar are high, (un)luckily there was a lady in front of me making a large drinks/food order and I had time to check out he price list - £5 plus for a glass of wine was enough to make us return to the room!
The location is right on the edge of Chester with a 10minute drive required to the centre. There is a bus stop opposite the hotel with frequent buses into the city centre.
The reception staff were very helpful and approachable.
Overall good choice for Chester and North Wales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire