“Terrific hotel, great location and friendly staff”

Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel is situated in an excellent location for Chester City Centre. We found all the staff to be friendly and professional and looked after you.

The food is fabulous, always lots of choice and plenty of it!

Everyone looks after you and made to feel very welcome.

Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester East Hotel on Tripadvisor.com

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I did drop by to this hotel on saturday for business and i was delighted because i was checked in immediately,front of house was great,room was ok clean and tidy.I did sleep well as the bed was comfy enough,My only comment is the staff behavior is not acceptable.I went down for a breakfast in the restaurant on sunday morning and a lovely asian lady took me in,sat me down and served me tea.as I was enjoying my food one of the staff (young man)just throw a tray on the table next to me with no reason and it hurts my eardrum as its so loud even some of the guest was looking at him as there are 5 tables full of guest in the main restaurant,The asian lady standing on the door saw me shaking my head and she came to me and humbly apologize.I saw her followed the young man i hope she sorted him out as having that kind of behavior isnt nice at all specially infront of the guest.hopefully next time i,ll come back i will not experience thesame thing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank michael l
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, but disappointed that your breakfast was interupted. Please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the Cisa and the rest of the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here on a Travelzoo deal, £39 per night B&B for two. Receptionist lovely and bubbly and helpful, room really nice, lovely comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Breakfast fabulous and there were good offers for eating in the hotel which we didn't take up, £20 pp for 3 courses with a glass of wine/ beer included. We used the leisure facilities which were a little dated but clean and very pleasant. Another bonus it was right next to an extremely efficient park and ride into Chester. If I had one tiny gripe it would be that we could hear everything the people in the next room were saying, had they been party animals it may have been a problem. Luckily they weren't and we had a lovely stay here at an amazing price and wouldn't hesitate to return!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank pamsim12016

Reviewed 15 June 2012

On arrival at hotel all went smoothly for check in. N.B. no lift, good job just two night stay so not much luggage and not much space for clothes etc First impressions was the room appeared to be quite dowdy but it somehow grew on you. Poor lighting in the bathroom only one small bulb over basin - not good. The room 222 was ok but ready for re-furb. The bed was comfy, the pillows very soft, room warm during the night but too noisy to have window open due to traffic on nearby road. Breakfast was good, service was excellent and we enjoyed our stay. We will go back if we visit Chester again. The park and ride service was excellent so don't forget your bus pass if you are old enough to have one of course.

Room Tip: Don't know about the other rooms but 222 was ok, overlooking the car park and facing the main ro...

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel on Tripadvisor.com

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, primarily driven by the high quality service you received. Please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Easy to find with ample parking. Now the downside. Room key failed upon arrival. Promptly and politely changed. Bed comfortable apart from protruding spring which caught my foot, otherwise room satisfactory. Restaurant totally understaffed. It took 40 minutes to have our order taken and 30 minutes between starter and main. No attempt was made to remove main plates and we were never offered a sweet so beat a retreat to the bar only to find that they had run out of Tia Maria for my wife. Took breakfast the next day at 7.45. That was fine but by just after 8 I noticed that the juice dispensers were empty and a queue in excess of twenty deep stretched from the restaurant back into the bar area. The mininmal staff were trying their best but were simply to few to cope.
That night we elected to eat at a (very) nearby Harvister restaurant where we saw six other groups who had eaten in the hotel the previous evening.
Every business must be cost effective but to pare staffing levels to an extent that it drives away custom is fatal for any enterprise. The management need to get a grip or find employment elsewhere. But not with me!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Trip Advisor

I was pleased to read you rated location and cleanliness highly but disappointed that you felt that you did not receive a high level of service from us. We have recently recruited more team members and I would hope that when you return you will have a much better experience.

I would hope that that has not put you off a return visit to the hotel and that we could have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We Stayed for Part of the Half-Term Holiday and This Hotel was wonderful. The beds Were comfy and nice and the room was nice and warm-abit annoying at times. During our stay I managed to loose our room key. The lady at the front desk was very nice and just gave us another key without charging extra. Breakfast was Wonderful it was a buffet and there was lots to choose from. The Service was fairly good although there is definitely room for improvement. The swimming pool was good for the kids and the sauna and steam rooms were good for me. Would I Stay at the Mercure Chester East Hotel Again? Absoloutely!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family