“Great hotel”

Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have attended many functions at this hotel and have never been disappointed. The staff and food cannot be faulted. THey cannot do enough for you. I look forward to coming back soon.

1 Thank Louise T
, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester East Hotel on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

James Lake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I recently attended a function at the hotel and it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Staff were extremely helpful, food was excellent and entertainment good. I stayed overnight and the room had everything I required and the bed was comfortable. In contrast to other reviews I could not hear traffic from my room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your function with us, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Heswall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I attended a function at the hotel and was fortunate enough to be able to stay the night so I could have a few drinks. The function was great, food and service were excellent. My room wasn't ready when I first checked in but reception staff were very apologetic and offered me a coffee whilst I waited a few moments in the bar area. I have stayed at the hotel a few times over the years and have never been disappointed. On this particular occasion I was fortunate enough to stay in room 115 which was just amazing (if you can afford the upgrade, I would strongly recommend it to anyone). The room was very large and well equipped. I couldn't get the hairdryer to work and it was replaced within moments. All the staff were friendly and professional. Thank you to everyone that made me feel welcome - I would not hesitate recommending the hotel to anyone who visits the Chester area (especially if you are woman travelling on your own - very safe and comfortable)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012

Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have just come back from my niece's wedding reception and evening doo here. We were all looked after well and the food was excellent. They catered for "glutton free" and " vegies" well and all the staff were very helpfull with happy faces!!!
The bedrooms were clean and tidy with a tv which had a large array of programmes ( free) , films , and you could use it as a computer . The films and computer had to be paid for, but there was an all inclusive package which wasn't that dear. The only strange thing about my bedroom was that it did not have any drawer space in it, plenty of hangers, but no drawers!!
The breakfast was a "help yourself" with everything you could want hot or cold, and continually replemished, with the coffee/tea served at your table.
Idea location for the "park and ride" to get into the city centre, or a 25 mins walk via path or canal walk!
Alas! i didn't get time to go to the Spa or swimming pool., but the people who did go, said it was lovely and clean.
I recommend this hotel to stay in, with it's only down side being the drinks from the bar were quite dear, but there was a few pubs near by to go to!!
Thanks for a lovely time!!

Room Tip: Was never told of a bad room here!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jmp251159
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for your niece's wedding, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We picked up a £37 deal for a double, gave us a queen bed, and use of pool which was good, wifi is only in the bar which was little disappointing otherwise staff super friendly and great location

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback. Please note that whilst WIFI is currently only available in the bar, we do have high speed wired broadband in your bedroom for your convenience.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel is situated in an excellent location for Chester City Centre. We found all the staff to be friendly and professional and looked after you.

The food is fabulous, always lots of choice and plenty of it!

Everyone looks after you and made to feel very welcome.

Thank you.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I did drop by to this hotel on saturday for business and i was delighted because i was checked in immediately,front of house was great,room was ok clean and tidy.I did sleep well as the bed was comfy enough,My only comment is the staff behavior is not acceptable.I went down for a breakfast in the restaurant on sunday morning and a lovely asian lady took me in,sat me down and served me tea.as I was enjoying my food one of the staff (young man)just throw a tray on the table next to me with no reason and it hurts my eardrum as its so loud even some of the guest was looking at him as there are 5 tables full of guest in the main restaurant,The asian lady standing on the door saw me shaking my head and she came to me and humbly apologize.I saw her followed the young man i hope she sorted him out as having that kind of behavior isnt nice at all specially infront of the guest.hopefully next time i,ll come back i will not experience thesame thing.

2 Thank michael l
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, but disappointed that your breakfast was interupted. Please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the Cisa and the rest of the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.