“great for 1 night stay”

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Chester
bolton lancashire
“great for 1 night stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

we stayed as a party for the races, check in was quick and efficient, rooms and good size and has everything u need. was a bit concern as how noisey it was going to be, as full for the races, it was not a problem, great nights sleep, breakfast is extra, self service, good choice you will not go hungry. cant comment and evening food, but there is a harvester pub a couple of minutes walk, so we ate there. we used the pool area whichmy hubby and I had to our selves for an hour and was lovely and clean. overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester East Hotel on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

James Lake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Of the 11 Accor Hotels we stayed in both Paris and the U.K. this one was the only one which disappointed us.
We were told by staff after we mentioned how disappointed we were in comparison with the other Accor hotels we had stayed that this hotel was in the process of changing over to the Accor group.
As we experienced,it would have to improve dramatically to attain the standard of the other Accor hotels.Probably room size and decore were the big downfall.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you rated Service, Cleanliness and Location so highly. We are in the process of putting a long term investment plan in place for the hotel and I would hope on your next visit you would find a better experience..

James Lake

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Whitehaven
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at the Mercure East for 2 nights. The staff were most helpful and friendly, the room well equipped, the bathroom clean, the breakfast more than adequate and there is a large spa facility for guests feeling energetic. There was no air conditioning in our room (though a portable fan was provided) but we were able to open the window as our room overlooked a quiet greened quadrangle. The hotel is situated about 2 miles from Chester city centre and a park and ride station is available only some 200yds away which meant we didn’t need to use our car. Only two minor points stopped us giving this hotel 5 stars. There were no drawers in our room which meant leaving most of our spare clothes and other items in our cases (unfortunately this increasingly seems to be the norm - we experienced the same problem when recently staying at a Jury’s Inn). We were therefore glad we were only booked in for 2 nights from this point of view! The other problem some quests may have is the layout of the bathroom. The wash hand basin vanity unit is separated from the bath by an approximate 2ft 6ins wide wall. Although this did away with the necessity of a shower curtain, it did prove awkward when running the bath - any small or infirm person may have difficulty reaching the taps. The Mercure East though is a decent hotel, is in a handy location and offers good value for money. We certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAWS70
Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback. We are in the process of putting a long term investment plan in place for the hotel, when we come to looking at refurnishing any bedrooms you can be assured I will be raising this issue with them.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have attended many functions at this hotel and have never been disappointed. The staff and food cannot be faulted. THey cannot do enough for you. I look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Louise T
, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I recently attended a function at the hotel and it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Staff were extremely helpful, food was excellent and entertainment good. I stayed overnight and the room had everything I required and the bed was comfortable. In contrast to other reviews I could not hear traffic from my room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your function with us, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Heswall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I attended a function at the hotel and was fortunate enough to be able to stay the night so I could have a few drinks. The function was great, food and service were excellent. My room wasn't ready when I first checked in but reception staff were very apologetic and offered me a coffee whilst I waited a few moments in the bar area. I have stayed at the hotel a few times over the years and have never been disappointed. On this particular occasion I was fortunate enough to stay in room 115 which was just amazing (if you can afford the upgrade, I would strongly recommend it to anyone). The room was very large and well equipped. I couldn't get the hairdryer to work and it was replaced within moments. All the staff were friendly and professional. Thank you to everyone that made me feel welcome - I would not hesitate recommending the hotel to anyone who visits the Chester area (especially if you are woman travelling on your own - very safe and comfortable)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012