“Fantastic”

Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and we enjoyed every second of it. We both found it absolutely remarkable that poor reviews had been left for the hotel which in our opinion were completed unfounded. The staff were attentive, facilities top drawer, and food great. Admittedly the prices of both food and drink were a little expensive but you come to expect that in a hotel of this standard. Most certainly a 4* and not a 3* that some claim it to be. Would definitely recommend to others and will look to visit again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

James Lake

Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed 5 August 2012

An excellent midweek break for me and my wife, Hotel is very well managed with polite and very helpful staff.Room was clean and well serviced during our 3 day break, could have done with a little more storage space for our clothes.Excellent breakfast service, leisure facilities were also very good.Hotel is located well,Chester was only a 50 minute stroll along the canal.All in a a most enjoyable and comfortable stay,considering that we only made the booking 2 days before our arrival, via the hotel's website at a very cheap price!

Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

Stopped here end of July on a groupon type deal and it was excellent value for money.we arrived an hour early but were checked into our room straight away. It was of decent size, had a king size bed and brilliant air con. The leisure facilities were superb(although we never used them)nice bar/lounge areas. Handily placed for Chester, either walkable or park and ride. We ate out both nights but the breakfasts were the best we have had in a hotel in a long time. In our view well worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 4 August 2012

A lovely mid-week break for me and my husband at the Mercure East. We had a meal in the hotel on the first evening which was pre-booked when we checked in. It was about £21.00 each but was worth so much more. We both had pate for starters and that was excellent followed by chicken with cheesy stuffed baked potato skins and vegetables for me and pork for my husband. Both meals were worthy of a high class restaurant and the chef is a genius. The sweets were equally delicious and we had a rose wine with the meal, which made for an excellent night.
The room was listed as a studio room and was on the ground floor. It had everything you would want but the iron was missing from our room. The room overlooked the rear car park, so was quiet. We read that the hotel had free WiFi but this is only available in the bar area.
In all this is a lovely hotel and you must try out the restaurant - also serving wonderful full English breakfast. Recommend for a hotel close to Chester, with all it has to offer. The Cheshire Oaks outlet was one of the reasons why we were there and it never disappoints. Great 3 day break!

Room Tip: Overlooking he back car park - room no. 130 - 152.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Had one night here as a stop-off after visiting Chester Zoo.

We were on a cheap deal (£50 for a double room) so got the most basic room, but it was fine for the price.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and even when we had a problem with our shower (no cold water getting through) we were quickly moved to another room and given a free round of drinks for the very minimal inconvenience.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as we booked elsewhere (Sticky Walnut; fanatstic restaurant!)but the menu here looked nice too, the bar was lovely and the health club excellent. Big pool, jacuzzi, kids pool and gym, all included.

Should also add the breakfast was excellent. Not included in our tariff, but £10 if booked in advance at reception (normal price £14). Definitely worth it.

For the money we paid it was great value, and I understand there are better/newer rooms for those not on cheapo deals like us.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Me and my grandson came here from holland on monday and we stayed here in mercure for 5 nights,check in was quick and the lady in the reception was so nice and helpful.The hotel was clean and reasonable size but it could do more a few drawers to put clothes on.dinner was good but slow servise,dinner staff are nice though.The best credit of the hotel was the breakfast we did have 3 breakfast for 7.50 each that was a very good price and lots of food.I want to say thank you to the filipino lady who look after us every morning she was so nice and kind to every guest and also the other staff they are all kind and very polite.we are looking forward to stay with you again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Again Groupon deal. Lovel hotel, very welcoming reception staff. Chamber male maid was excellent. Breakfast was a bit mad, had to queue. A small Philopeno lady was shouting orders and the poor young men where running around like headless chickens but still managed to smile. Room very good very clean. Over all had a lovely time in Chester East Mercure

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012