“Update required” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Chester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Spa weekend was bought as a birthday presant as i am 6 months pregnant. I have never been so stressed, upset and disappointed. Everything was wrong. Booking(wrong as was double instead of twin , treatments booked then cancelled and coukd not rebook. Room (tiny , dirty and not as pictured). Service.. (none. Had to carry my case up and down lots of stairs pregnant with no offer of help, no apology for things being late dirty and inadequate). Cleanliness( curtains, carpets walls, chairs broken and dirty). .......i checked in and checked back out.......still awaiting refund promised by paul smith operations manager!
2* if its lucky

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ashdbash
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence. As I understand it, your reservation was through a third party and Paul will be contacting you directly about this shortly.

I do hope that you will return to the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel in the near future thus allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

Island of Anglesey, Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for one night to celebrate my birthday.
Easy hotel to find with plenty of parking.
The whole hotel was spotless and even though the room was simple had everything that we needed and more.
Would definitely stay here again and for a longer duration.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Why not follow us on twitter @mercurechester or like us on Facebook at ‘Mercure Chester Abbots Well’ for special offers and information.

Yours Sincerely

Walsall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a weekend Christmas shopping/spa break. Room clean except hair in the shower!!! Staff very friendly, but hotel lacked atmosphere. Toilets in public area still needed cleaning from Christmas party the night before, at 1pm on Sunday lunchtime. We had to wait 20 minutes for breakfast while they set tables, they must have known how many people were staying. The hotel lacked finesse, the staff did the basics, but didn't go that extra inch. Went to the pool for a swim and told they didn't have towels, that we had to bring them from the rooms. The gentleman at the spa reception was also eating his lunch while he was talking to us. We walked out. It's a shame, hotel in excellent position for Chester and could be a wonderful place to stay with the correct person in charge to sort it out. Not sure I would stay here again, would consider staying at the Cheshire Cat Inn just down the road. Far more welcoming.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Dear Trip Advisor

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be suitable for you, but disappointed that on this occasion we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence.

I do hope that you will return to the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel in the near future.

Wirral, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My boyfriends parents bought me the spa day with lunch package for my birthday present and we went along on the 30th November with her best friend and mine. The spa receptionist was very nice and took our order at 11:30 for our lunch at 1pm. The spa facilities were nice; a swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. The meal order was simple. We were escorted to the eating area at 1pm as planned and this is where it went wrong. The starters were as ordered (although we waited over half am hour to come and weren't offered a drink) but three of the four mains (all burgers) came out wrong. We sent these back and we were then asked FIVE separate times to confirm our order again. Staff were unhelpful even though we were very polite and we ended up waiting a further 40 minutes for our food. I wouldn't recommend this spa day to anyone and would definitely think twice about staying here due to the staff and size of the rooms (we saw inside a few as they were being cleaned as we walked through to the spa).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank scambrook

James Lake

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Johannesburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My sister and I stayed here in November and were horrified! It is certainly not a 4* establishment as advertised. Our room - 147 - was filthy. The walls were damp and dirty, the carpet was in need of a good vacuum, the bathroom was foul. The curtains were in dire need of a good wash too. My brother-in-law also stayed for one night only - and also complained. The carpets in the corridor were held together with black sticky tape. The walls were paper thin and you could hear other guests through the walls. We had 1 towel between the two of us. No tea or coffee provided.....4*??? No way. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights. Needless to say, we left early the next morning pronto! We will most certainly not be back. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

Room Tip: Just stay away from this hotel.