“Afternoon meal”

Ranked #192 of 606 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Called in the other afternoon with my wife for some food. we sat outside which was very nice. looking out on to river. we had a sharing platter. after ordering we were advised that some of it was not available and was replaced with another item. it was ok. hope our next visit is better. we will visit again and see what happens.

TheBoathouseChester, General Manager at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks for the feedback Geoffrey. I also hope we have all the items next time so you have a better visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Called for a drink on a lazy birthday weekend. Weather was great and the outdoor terrace with floating deck was a nice spot to watch the world go by. Didn't have any food but there were plenty who were.

Thanks for your feedback. I hope when you eat with us next time it'll be 5 stars.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to have a drink, however, food mediocre at best. Steak baguette lacking steak, on a stale baguette.
Would return for a drink but stay clear of the overpriced, small portions food.

Thank you for the feedback.

I'm very sorry that the steak baguette you ordered wasn't up to standard. Had you mentioned that everything wasn't to your satisfaction we would have gladly prepared you a new one.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I visited Chester with my wife. We walked along the side of the River Dee when we came across this charming pub. They had a nice selection of ales and spirits. We sat outside in a booth that was sheltered from the breeze. We struck up a conversation with some other patrons who were also enjoying their experience. The staff were friendly and attentive and the scenery was beautiful.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit & the team & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Came here, with friends for a catch up and had food, and was really nice, the service was good and the staff, made sure everything was ok with the food, I ordered fish and chips, a large one, well my eyes were too big for my belly, but it's was lovely, and we'll be definitely going here again.

TheBoathouseChester, General Manager at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback Stacey.

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your visit & that you'd come back to us again!