“Cheese and bacon burger”
Review of The Town Crier

The Town Crier
Ranked #258 of 573 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Waited over an hour for one cheese and bacon burger...grrrrr, at least I ended up with the belated meal and my money back after going and complaining vehemently

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Waste of time. Same prices as wetherspoons, food was dripping in oil very small portions. Friendly staff, felt bad for them as food wasn't their fault.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Recently visited Chester during a race day and came across this pub as soon as we walked off the station.
Despite the amount of people within the pub, all staff were in high spirits and were very friendly and helpful. The staff were very efficient at serving everyone quickly and we didn't have to wait long to be served which was surprising with how busy the pub was.
Tables were clean and tidy with the odd glass dotted around which is expected. The beer garden was fantastic! Plenty of tables and lovely atmosphere!
We ate dinner once it had quietened down and we ordered chicken skewers and pulled pork burger, both were delicious!! I highly recommend the food, it was delivered in good time and exactly as described unlike some places you go! The staff were very efficient as friendly and asked how everything was, even bringing over more drinks.
As we were new to Chester, we asked the bar staff for directions and recommendations of what to do as we were here for the weekend and they were very helpful!
Definitely want to recommend this pub as it was such a pleasant experience and the staff are all lovely!! Will be returning when ever we are in Chester!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just finished a truly terrible meal at the town crier in Chester. My chicken skewer salad did not have a dressing on the side as stated on the menu but did have a big clump of compost buried under my salad.

Walked to the bar to complain and even though at least 4 members of staff saw me stood there with a plate no one acknowledged me. After 5 minutes waiting in the din (you can't hear yourself or anyone else speak due to the TVs being on that loud) someone finally approached me and i pointed out the problem. She went and spoke to the manager who clearly couldn't be chuffed to come out and speak to a customer and returned saying that the clump of mud must have blown into my salad?!? I asked if they weren't even going to offer to compliment my meal and the reply was no but you can speak to my manager. At which point I walked out!

Disgraceful customer service, disgraceful food don't bother!

2  Thank Misscaw1
Reviewed 30 April 2014

as it was easter week we were treated to an extra outing by the local town crier who blasted out all the local news in his usual manner
very nice old tradition kept alive