“Closed!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Be warned, despite being a popular, classy restaurant in Chester - Bouchon is now CLOSED! Unfair review by 'Gail140362' I have to say. The food was fresh, authentic and whilst not cheap was fairly good value for money. Lots of competition though.....

3  Thank Phil A
There are newer reviews for Bouchon

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This restaurant is tucked away, so a little hard to find, but well worth looking for it. The food was amazing, definitely worth the money. I strongly recommend giving it a try. The restaurant staff were lovely and even gave us some advice on where to have a drink after.

2  Thank Sarah-Jane1985
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Have to say always thought this the same owners as Francs ohhh no Francs was a weak attempt at being an authentic French restaurant sadly it could only be compared to a motorway service station not a French restaurant hmmm bouchon was the same poor quality service value for money terrible francs go lie down and fade away no one wants your overpriced peasant food!!!!!!! Fact

1  Thank Gail140362
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'm not sure how we were the only people in the downstairs of the restaurant. The whole experience was perfect. I
t was a Monday dinner time that we went to Bouchon. The ambience is lovely, warm and friendly. French music playing softly in the background I felt was a nice touch. Our waiter was fantastic. Exactly the correct level of service you would want. Friendly, polite and relaxed he ensured that our all of our needs were catered for. He even gave great recommendations of where we could go on to as we were leaving.
There isn't a huge huge selection, though I can't see this as a problem. I would prefer a restaurant to have a smaller selection of things cooked beautifully than a vast selection of mediocre cuisine. Everything was very tasty, from the fresh cooked bread to the dessert. I had the typically french slow cooked beef stew and my boyfriend had the duck with apricots. I tried both and they were so so good. The wine was also really very good.
Overall in my opinion it was faultless.

1  Thank ChloeMiaow
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Very nice evening at Bouchon. The food was excellent, service good. Very pleasant little city centre restaurant. Quiet for a Friday so hopefully word spreads about this little gem.

1  Thank jinnywilliams1