“Very good tearoom and bakery (4.5)”
Review of Chatwins

Chatwins
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Chester
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Estblished in 1913, this family Bakers have been serving the people of South Cheshire with award winning Bakery products for over 100 years.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My American undergraduates absolutely loved the bakery here and bought many of their excellent meat pies. I had recommended them because of good experiences on a previous trip. One lunchtime we decided to try lunch upstairs. There was a brief wait as the cafe was very busy, but it was worth it. The food was very good, very tasty meet pies and a good sweet to follow. I would absolutely recommend Chatwins to visitors, especially those from abroad. It was the best of the tearooms we visited in Chester.

1  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for the first time on Monday, had a delicious sandwich and proper pot of tea. Waitress was so friendly and kind. The cakes are to die for! All set in a charming Tudor arcade. Lovely and cool upstairs thanks to the air-con, but should you come over all unnecessary at the sight of the cakes, a chaise longue is provided in the powder room. :)

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in the upstairs cafe for a sandwich. Nice food. Lovely waitress. Awfully tempted by the delicious cakes downstairs. Also nice to have wifi to catch up on the world.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This is about chatwins in bache as it is not listed on trip advisor after the service I received it is not to be surprised as a wheelchair user I do not expect to be waited on hand and foot but I do expect a bit of respect when I ask for help the shop has a sign saying disabled to ask for ramp I know from passing they have tables outside so I asked for a table to be placed outside which was done but it all seemed to be too much trouble I ordered my coffee and cake which the assistant went away to get but then came and asked me for my money before I'd even received my drink.which made me feel like they didn't trust me my coffee came minus spoon and sugar which the lady had to go back and get everything just seemed to much trouble for her although polite she just seemed off hand it will not be a place I would go back too unless I had some one with me that can help me so as not to bother staff x

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a family run business,with several cake shops around Cheshire. The Tea-Rooms in Chester are wonderful with a varied menu for everyone's taste and reasonably priced.To add to that you can always take home a varied selection from the cake shop. Highly recommended.