1,915 results
All reviews nelsons bar spiral staircase ciro's brasserie japanese garden sunday carvery executive room lovely hotel wedding venue steam room and sauna afternoon tea wedding guests my partner leisure facilities wedding reception reception area relaxing break buffet style
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Five of us booked into this hotel on the 30th Dec (our wedding anniversary) for a three night stay. On arrival we was greeted by friendly reception staff, and was booked in very quickly. On arrival at our rooms we was overwhelmed to find brilliant rooms which was very clean, spacey and very nicely decorated. for our evening meal we had booked into the Nelson bar for the restaurant was only doing carvery, nice choice menu and on arrival the food was very well served even though they were busy, cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. Staff in Nelsons bar was very efficient, friendly and knew what they were doing. Breakfast was the same, again staff was happy at their work and made you feel relaxed and comfortable. New Years eve, this was a party and although they was over 200 of us in we had well displayed tables with great décor, party atmosphere from the start, and a brilliant Thai buffet, which was served fresh and quickly to everybody. We had casino theme in one room, Rat pack tribute in another, and in Nelson's bar we had Dancing Diva disco till 0230 hrs. Brilliant night was had by all. During our stay we was able to use the spa facilities free of charge, which included pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, nice clean towels and again friendly staff. we shall definitely be returning, to savour the hotel and hospitality of all the staff (including the cleaners) and recommend to anyone who wants 5 star plus

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phillip W
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife and I decided to spend New Years Eve at the Grosvenor and what an excellent decision. Great place, great staff and excellent party. Tried the spa and also good. Food both the party nigth and breakfast was impressive. The organsiation for such a large event was great with a choice of things to do. Oh and did I mention the staff were really helpful and seemed to really enjoy their job. Will definately return.

Room Tip: We upgraded and had a room with a view of the gardens
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My partner and I stayed for one night over the weekend for a wedding and wish we could have stayed another night. It is truly a lovely place and all the staff inc reception and cleaners were very friendly. The room was very lovely and well equipped, and the view from the window was amazing overlooking ponds and waterfalls. The venue for the wedding was brilliant as well, lots of candles and fairy lights made it very romantic, and the food was exceptional. We will definitely be looking to have another little break there. Very handy for the bus as well, as the bus stop is not far and there is a regular bus service to Chester.

Room Tip: If you are coming by bus, you will need the number 1 to Wrexham, you can catch the bus by Chester train station, as it does not go to the main bus station.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Hubby and I stayed here for two nights including New Years Eve after doing a lot of research online after a disastrous new year break last year and we were a little reticent before hand as we were unsure what to expect... Our fears were totally put to rest as soon as we we walked through the entrance! The hotel is wonderful and was all we wanted, expected and more! We sampled the carvery on the Sunday evening which was the best I have had, mouth watering lamb, beef and turkey and the largest Yorkshire puts I have ever seen! Veggies were all fresh and perfectly cooked and at just over a tenner was excellent value for money and worth the hours travel just to sample that alone. The hotel itself was beautifully decorated for the Christmas and new year period and little lights twinkled everywhere, Christmas trees were abundant and everywhere was clean and well maintained. I sampled the delights of the spa with an Indian head massage and luxury manicure and will definitely be booking a spa pamper day in the very near future as the treatments and spa itself was wonderful, the pool was gorgeous as well and I would have used it more if it had been a tad warmer but that's personal preference and I love the heat!. We stayed in room nine which was reasonably sized (bathroom needs a bit of updating but nothing major) the bed was comfy and the little extra touches of bottles of Baileys, Jack Daniels and Thorntons chocolates were a lovely little touch for New Year's Eve that bought a smile to both our faces. We had a lovely time here and I could go on and on about the quality ingredients in the breakfast selection or the beautiful oriental garden or the friendliness of the staff but I think I will end here and get you to visit yourself and experience the Grosvenor At Pulford, we will be returning next New Years Eve for another fab evening!!!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The hotel was fine, spa facilities are fantastic very good sized indoor pool images do not do this justice on the website. The room was on the small side but clean and comfortable for a short stay. I would most definitely pay this hotel a visit again but only for one maybe two night stay the room would be too small for anything longer than this in my opinion. Very good atmosphere in the bar area good sized country pub like feel with log fires on the go in areas which was nice. General thumbs up and no complaints, well done Grosvenor Pulford Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple