1,902 results
All reviewsnelsons barspiral staircaseciro's brasseriejapanese gardensunday carveryexecutive roomlovely hotelwedding venuesteam room and saunaafternoon teawedding guestsmy partnerleisure facilitieswedding receptionreception arearelaxing breakbuffet style
Reviewed 6 January 2013

In order to get to this 'spa', you have to walk through a restaurant/busy area - this is not relaxing. You then enter what looks like a reception, again this was not relaxing and professional like other salons I have been - its busy like piccadilly circus in rush hour, people shouting across the room (staff), the staff openly talking about clients which I thought was very un-professional. No refreshments or magazines to relax..
I had a facial, the person I had spoke in a raised voice and not hushed tones so that you relax into the treatment. The facial was rushed and you were made to feel like you were being timed. The therapist did not have all the neccessary creams etc and had to leave the room - again un-professional that care and attention had not been made. At the end I was not at all relaxed and was then told to make my way back up to reception in 10 minutes, this was supported by the therapist looking at her watch.
Thank goodness this was paid by a voucher I had as a gift, as I would not spend time or money in this establishment. Will not be returning

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank k m
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Have eaten here many times, usually on a special occasion, I always chose here for my celebration
The decor is beautiful,, gives you a lovely holiday frrling and the food delicious.
The staff all very friendly and proffessional.
defo recommend
A lovelys selection of reasonably priced wines

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jane t
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Just arrived back from an overnight stay for my 60th birthday.
Superb hotel. Pool and jacuzzi really relaxing with poolside beds to chill out on. We had booked treatments in the spa and were not disappointed. Excellent spa with helpful and friendly staff who were also very competent pracitioners.
Room overlooked a waterfall with a very pleasant view all round. Hotel is well situated in a countryside location.
Food in the Ciro Brasserie was of particular high standard as was the service,
We highly recommend this hotel for all aspects on offer from just using the restaurant to a spa break.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chivienne
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Five of us booked into this hotel on the 30th Dec (our wedding anniversary) for a three night stay. On arrival we was greeted by friendly reception staff, and was booked in very quickly. On arrival at our rooms we was overwhelmed to find brilliant rooms which was very clean, spacey and very nicely decorated. for our evening meal we had booked into the Nelson bar for the restaurant was only doing carvery, nice choice menu and on arrival the food was very well served even though they were busy, cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. Staff in Nelsons bar was very efficient, friendly and knew what they were doing. Breakfast was the same, again staff was happy at their work and made you feel relaxed and comfortable. New Years eve, this was a party and although they was over 200 of us in we had well displayed tables with great décor, party atmosphere from the start, and a brilliant Thai buffet, which was served fresh and quickly to everybody. We had casino theme in one room, Rat pack tribute in another, and in Nelson's bar we had Dancing Diva disco till 0230 hrs. Brilliant night was had by all. During our stay we was able to use the spa facilities free of charge, which included pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, nice clean towels and again friendly staff. we shall definitely be returning, to savour the hotel and hospitality of all the staff (including the cleaners) and recommend to anyone who wants 5 star plus

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phillip W
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife and I decided to spend New Years Eve at the Grosvenor and what an excellent decision. Great place, great staff and excellent party. Tried the spa and also good. Food both the party nigth and breakfast was impressive. The organsiation for such a large event was great with a choice of things to do. Oh and did I mention the staff were really helpful and seemed to really enjoy their job. Will definately return.

Room Tip: We upgraded and had a room with a view of the gardens
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple