1,917 results
All reviews nelsons bar spiral staircase ciro's brasserie japanese garden sunday carvery executive room lovely hotel wedding venue steam room and sauna afternoon tea wedding guests my partner leisure facilities wedding reception reception area relaxing break buffet style
Reviewed 9 January 2013

As I had not been too well recently, my husband and I decided a few days away being pampered would be a good idea. I looked at many potential destinations on the internet before finding the Grosvenor. It looked wonderful on 'paper' but the actual experience of staying there was even better! We arrived on Sunday 6th January and the Christmas decorations were still up. They were absolutely beautiful and made me feel like I was entering some sort of magical world! Our whole experience was good over the 3 night stay. The staff were great, as was the food and the room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. I had a couple of treatments in the spa and thoroughly enjoyed them. The whole atmosphere there is so relaxing. We purchased one of the incense burner boxes they have lit in the spa reception areas to try to recreate the atmosphere at home! Overall a wonderful experience which we definitely plan to repeat. Thank you to all the staff for such a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We had a room with a spiral staircase leading up to the bedroom from a small lower floor sitting room. If you don't fancy this layout make sure you mention it when booking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane G
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My husband and i stayed at the Grosvenor Pulford from 24th dec 2012 to 27th dec.
The hotel was beatifully decorated,it had a real Christmas feel,the room was lovely plenty of storage,with everything you would need and i am sure if there wasn't the hotel would try to provide it.
My husband used the Gym,and i the pool,again the attention to detail regarding the things you need,from shampoo to plastic hair caps,is provided,the pool was very good,it had lounge chairs around it,sauna Jacuzzi,a very pleasant experience.
The food was really good,and seemed to be constant! the only criticism we both had was that the Christmas day lunch we and a number of people said the same they would have liked it to have been served at the table,not to have to stand in a queue at the carvery,the food was lovely the whole ambience of the place was very festive, but the serving at the table would have made it better.
Would we go again.... you bet your life we would.
The drinks price in the Nelson bar were comparable to a city price,so not cheap but not too far over the top.

Room Tip: You can upgrade to a suite,but we had a double room,we found that more than adequate.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I recently got married at this hotel in September and the whole day and stay was amazing, not just because it was our wedding day but also because of the attention to detail and professionalism of all the staff. Everything was perfect, and the food was gorgeous. I had several of my guests contact us after the wedding, just to say how much they enjoyed there time spent in the grosvenor, never mind my wedding! Really couldn’t praise the place and all its staff enough for given us such a fantastic day to remember.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 79 which was a feature room and it was beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2013

In order to get to this 'spa', you have to walk through a restaurant/busy area - this is not relaxing. You then enter what looks like a reception, again this was not relaxing and professional like other salons I have been - its busy like piccadilly circus in rush hour, people shouting across the room (staff), the staff openly talking about clients which I thought was very un-professional. No refreshments or magazines to relax..
I had a facial, the person I had spoke in a raised voice and not hushed tones so that you relax into the treatment. The facial was rushed and you were made to feel like you were being timed. The therapist did not have all the neccessary creams etc and had to leave the room - again un-professional that care and attention had not been made. At the end I was not at all relaxed and was then told to make my way back up to reception in 10 minutes, this was supported by the therapist looking at her watch.
Thank goodness this was paid by a voucher I had as a gift, as I would not spend time or money in this establishment. Will not be returning

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank k m
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Have eaten here many times, usually on a special occasion, I always chose here for my celebration
The decor is beautiful,, gives you a lovely holiday frrling and the food delicious.
The staff all very friendly and proffessional.
defo recommend
A lovelys selection of reasonably priced wines

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends