We stayed at the Grosvenor Pulford on the 29th March ( Good Friday) DB&B. We managed to get a deal and we were a little apprehensive as to what it would be like. we needn't have worried, this hotel is fab and we were delighted we chose It. The buildings and the theme running through them is lovely. We had an executive room which had recently been refurbished and it was gorgeous. It was very contemporary, light and airy. They certainly are not scrimping on the refurb. The bed was extremely comfortable with feather pillows. The bathroom was beautiful with free toiletries provided and lovely fresh towels.
Food- breakfast was good with plenty of choice and if there was something you wanted cooked to your liking they would do that for you. Evening meal was delicious, about the going price for a steak etc. the ambience of the dining area is wonderful, in fact so good we stayed there on a sofa with a bottle of wine watching the world go by, so relaxing. You can also eat in Nelsons bar. We ordered Irish coffee from there ( Jameson's as it should be) which were very good. It's like a big pub with lots of comfy sofas.
We used both the pool and the gym. The pool was excellent, not many people in there and a good temperature. Although it doesn't bother us I did notice that children are not allowed in the evening so if you want some adult time to get a few laps in you can. The gym was ok but nothing much in the free weights for leg curls etc but my husband got by. The spa made you relax just walking through it and the gardens to the spa are really worth a visit.
We found this hotel to be very clean but the one thing that stands out are the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and everyone seems so happy to be in work, but not in a false way. My only gripe, just little ones is the wifi is a pain because you have to keep logging back in and the sauces for the steak are tasteless. You have to be really picky to find fault though.
We give this hotel top marks and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa Chester, Cheshire