I'm not sure if I can really do the hotel and the staff justice with a review. We have had out civil partnership at the Grosvenor this weekend, and we have truly ben bowled over by the professionalism and warmth of all the staff.
From the very first time we arrived at the Grosvenor it was very obvious that it was somewhere we would feel comfortable, we had met with the events coordinator, who went through everything you could possibly think of and then some, without overwhelming us.
The second time we went to 'look around', we went unnanounced. The hotel manager Maurice took time to show us every last possible feature that was available to us despite it being obvious that he was in the midddle of setting up the suite for an event. It really does show that he is very proud of the hotel and especially the oriental gardens.
We have been backwards and forwards to and from the Grosvenor for the past 18 months in total now, a good number of times simply to go for food in the bar or the restaurant, to get a feel for the place and to try our best to feel comfortable there for our big day.
Everytime we have been the welcome has always been the same, whether it has been someone we had already met, or someone we hadn't, and that has been evident for the whole of this weekend too. No matter where we have been, or any of our guests also, the staff, from reception, to the bar and restaurant, the spa, the housekeeping staff and the staff in grosvenor suite have gone out of their way to help. The staff of the Grosvenor really are it's shining crown, and should be very proud of themselves for the wonderful job they do, and certainly have done this weekend.
The meals for our wedding breakfast were fantastic- great portions of 'real' food- it left almost all of our guests stuffed well into the night, so much so that our evening reception food was missed by a fair few of us. We had chosen the large paella to be cooked infront of us, again i can't say enough how fantastic the food was.
A big thank you we also have to say to Alastair, who worked tirelessly with Maurice and all the kitchen, bar and service staff to make our day run so well- even when we disappared for longer than we should, with photographers and to generally catch our breath!
Ok, so the rest... The bedrooms do vary in style, our first night we spent in a standard room which was fine, and we slept as well as could be expected given the day ahead of us. The second night we decided to upgrade to one of the available suites, which to me was absolutely perfect- the style and decor was exactly to mine and my partner's taste, infact if we could have brought it all home with us we would have done! The four post bed was modern, firm but not overly so, and huge! The bathroom had a lovely large bath with tv- didn't quite figure that out in the time we spent there if im honest, a large shower and double sink. I really didn't want to get out of bed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa Chester, Cheshire