“anniversary treat”

Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here one night with my partner for our anniversary from the prosecco and chocolates on arrival to the polite, attentive service in the restaurant, this is a really welcoming, friendly hotel.
This was the second time we had visited together and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

1  Thank RichardABradford

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I actually stayed at this hotel over the New Year period but due to unfortunate circumstances (nothing to do with the hotel) I haven't got around to reviewing it till now. From the moment we arrived, we were made welcome.
Our deluxe room was lovely,with comfortable four-poster bed; welcome tray, including chocolates and bottled water. Cosy white bathrobes and matching slippers were a treat along with an amazing en suite, almost the same size as the bedroom, spotless and sparkling, with his and hers washbasins!
New Years Eve was a masterpiece of organisation, with three centres of entertainment - only complaint - the sound was too loud. Food very good, as it was for the whole stay.
Unfortunately my companion was taken ill during our visit (again, no fault of the hotel) and the staff were brilliant, calling in the paramedics and offering any help that was required.
Altogether a potentially excellent holiday break, ending on a bit of a low note for unforeseeable reasons, but just proving what a tremendous hotel the Grosvenor Pulford is - I'd certainly visit again and would recommend it to others.
Just one thing - The lift only goes to the first floor. Many people would walk that far, It's the second floor where the lift is really needed. Any chance?

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quiet, but the lack of a lift can be a problem.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 773Sweetpea
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had a free nights stay yesterday 16th feb 2014, And didn't we know it was free, Room was small, full of dust top of headboard, bedside tables & lampstands, windowsills, bathroom too was dusty, shower head tried to adjust & it came apart, very noisy end room & fountain kept us awake most of the night! Check out was 11! However don't think maids know this as we were woken at 8.50am! Not amused as it was my husbands birthday & he was expecting a day off from that on his BIRTHDAY! The only Good thing about our stay was I'd booked him a treatment In the kasia spa & he enjoyed that.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Monkeyboyswife
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend on Valentines Day and stayed for one night. We wish we had booked a longer stay as our room (78) was beautiful.

We were upgraded from an Executive Room to a Deluxe room and our room took up half of the top floor. Although from the pictures of other rooms, it has not been newly renovated, it was beautifully old fashioned.

We had a bottle of Prosecco and lots of chocolates in the room, which was a lovely touch.

The bath in the bathroom was the biggest I had ever seen!!

The four poster bed was extremely comfy and the room had everything we need, tea and coffee making facilities and a mini ironing board and iron.

The only problem was the TV. Although we weren't really bothered about watching TV, we only had 3 channels. As it states on the website, all deluxe rooms have 86 channels, which many people may find annoying.

Our three course meal in Circo's was lovely and was included in the Valentines Package, but I don't think it was worth £40, which was the price asked.

The spa really makes the hotel special and anyone (man or woman) would love it, although I think it is quite pricey.

Breakfast was very good, I throughouly enjoyed the cooked breakfast and they also had a continental breakfast option; yogurts, croissants, pasteries and fruit. I liked that our waitress took our order for toast and tea or coffee, so it was always hot and fresh.

We will defiantly be staying here again and asking for Room 78 :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We live very close to here so would probably never stay. However I booked a spa day escape for my boyfriend and I as we've both been a bit stressed. It was a package and we each got a back massage each and full use of the facilities. Its an amazing spa. So much better than the doubletree in chester. The massage was amazing and the facilities are lovely. Very clean and so relaxed! Staff were wonderful. The decor of the place had a great asian feel to it! We had the 2 course lunch, small portions but wonderful food. We spent about 5 hours there, after visiting the jacuizzi, sauna, steam room, relaxation room, waterfall lounge etc. Would reccomend!!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife and I have had a 3 night mini break at this hotel. We have found the staff to be efficient, helpful and, best of all, not snobby. The room (one of the superior rooms) has been clean, warm and very comfortable. The spa has also been clean with all the amenities working. Whilst here I have taken advantage of one of the spa treatments. The staff again have been friendly and knowledgable, carrying out the treatment in a relaxed and calm atmosphere. The food has been good quality, cooked well and served well. If everyone's stay is as good as our experience then they will go home relaxed and refreshed. I would happily recommend this place to any of my friends. Although there is a 4star rating we have had a 5star experience.

1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here overnight on Friday, it was an anniversary treat from my husband, booked through spabreaks.com.
There appeared to be some lack of communication between either the hotel and it's staff or spabreaks.com, on check in they didn't know which spa package we were booked under.
At lunch we were supposed to have a 2 course lunch provided in our package but when seated at the restaurant they asked for a voucher which we hadn't been provided with and said we would have to pay. Luckily I had the package details with me and after consulting with various members of staff we were allowed to order, but it was embarrassing in front of everyone.
We then went for our spa treatments which were lovely but again there was a mix up. I was supposed to have a facial and my husband a massage but we were both booked in for a massage. They did change mine to a facial as I had confirmation of this on my details.
The pool was ok but not big enough to have a swim and was busy with other guests and there was only 4 chairs around the pool.
The hotel was ok, we had paid extra for an executive room but we are not sure what the difference is compared to a standard room apart from toiletry products in the bathroom. There was no fridge or robes and slippers in the room as we have had at other hotels of the same star rating.
We dined in the hotel restaurant Ciros in the evening which was lovely although we needed to be provided with a torch to enable us to read the menu!
Breakfast was average, buffet style hot and cold food. The cooked breakfast soon went cold on the plate.
The staff at the hotel were very pleasant but on the whole it was disappointing. We have stayed at better spa hotels.
We have recently stayed at a couple of Premier Inns and in all honesty there was not much difference in the rooms and the breakfast was much better and hot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple