We arrived and were greeted by helpful reception and pointed towards our room which was on the ground floor overlooking the Spa Sensory garden. The garden looked lovely however our view was obscured as there were a couple of empty pint glasses left on our window sill. The room had everything we required and was clean.
Dinner was in choice of the Nelson bar or the mediterranean bistro. The bistro was only serving a roast dinner as it was Sunday, this was lightly disappointing as I heard the mediterranean food was good. We ended up having the roast dinner which was delicious, there was an option of three meats (you could choose all three) and a large choice of vegetables, Yorkshire puddings and accompaniments. The only negative was that the roast potatoes were very hard. The initial drinks order took over 20mins to arrive. We sat by the window over looking the terrace and the atmosphere was lovely (sit here if you get the option). The tables/chairs closer to the server did not look as comfortable and slightly "canteen" style rather than restaurant style.
Luckily for us the next morning we woke early, as at 8.30am maintenance work was being carried out and there was a lot of banging for at least a couple of hours. No warning was given for this from the reception staff. This would have annoyed me if I was wanting a lie in.
Breakfast was ok.
The spa facilities are lovely but not enough loungers (4) for the amount of people attending. Spa treatments were excellent and would definitely return to the spa again. Staff very professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa Chester, Cheshire