Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
Edgar House(Chester)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,783 results
All reviewsnelsons barspiral staircaseciro's brasseriejapanese gardensensory gardensunday carveryexecutive roomlovely hotelwedding venuesteam room and saunawedding guestsafternoon teamy partnerleisure facilitieswedding receptionthe ground floorfrom start to finish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Grosvenor hotel Pulford on the border of Wales enroute to Wrexham. We have had many business meetings here and his / her lunches in this hotel. Maybe the reason for this business venue was that my ex boss lived around the corner in Pulford & he probably worked a discount.
Hotel service is usually very good & the staff accommodating. "Thank you The rooms are okay without being in the top draw bracket. The Grosvenor is in a good location ideal hotel for heading into North Wales for those who are travelling from further afield. Can be quite lively if there is a football match on in the bar, thankfully the season is nearly over. The local Grosvenor garden center is just minutes away back towards Chester on the same road on the right & worth a visit, the tea room is okay. Anyway the hotel is recommended & scores GCD "7/10"
Best Regards GCD

Room Tip: The rooms are okay without being in the top draw bracket.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gee D
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stay here at the end of March by chance as it was a last min booking. And by were we happy the moment you arrived the feeling and amsphore is brilliant. As for the restuarant staff there were super could of not fault one thing from the serives to the food to the quaility!!!!

We have booked this again for the 9th May for my Birthday along with a spa treatment and I am so looking forward too it.

Room Tip: We were lucky as we got a room at the back of the hotel which was over looking the beauiftul gardens
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I couldn't be happier with this hotel me and my girlfriend stayed on the 4/5/14 for the night,our room was amazing we went the Nelson for lunch which was so nice and then went Ciro's brasserie for our evening meal which was the carvery which was beautiful, the grounds around the hotel are simply beautiful! we have already booked to go again in July couldn't fault this hotel wish I could give it more than 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Terence H
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a couple of times in the past in the beautiful bridal suite (please see reviews).

We often pass the hotel and my husband sometimes has business lunches here.

We popped in for dinner today (5th May) and the staff just get ruder and ruder. The man at the bar couldn't even raise a smile, the waiter was beyond aloof, and the girl on the bar on the way out was horrendous. I asked where the toilets were, and she just stared at me, it was just strange! She eventually (begrudgingly) told me. Bizarre behaviour.

Not much of the menu for a veggie, but I had the mushroom risotto which was beautiful- portion was HUGE. The biggest risotto portion I have ever had, and one of the nicest.

My husband had a huge (and he said delicious) prawn salad. Food was quick and reasonably priced.

Just such a shame that they have such rude staff. Won't visit here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank seahorsesparkle
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Enjoyed a spa day with two friends last week which included afternoon tea. The spa is the nicest one I've been to and the afternoon tea was beautiful, needed a few more sandwiches though instead of so much cake. We all had a facial and back massage which were lovely, the therapist was fab! My only criticism is that in the relaxation room there are only 4 beds so when there was about 12 people wanting a rest after lunch, we couldn't find anywhere to go. The fresh fruit and water was a lovely tough though. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends