“Wonderful spa day”

Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I celebrated my birthday having a spa day at this hotel and found the ambience, facilities and customer service to be excellent. The staff are extremely polite and professional and from the moment you arrive you are made to feel relaxed and special. They have got things just right in my opinion, from the low lighting and beautiful aromas to the
gentle background music and
comfy relaxation areas, everything feels very discreet and low key. I'm already looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank patav149

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our visit to chester races, it's located about 4 miles outside chester, we used the local bus to get into chester which took about 15 mins and cost £2.50 each
The hotel was superb, friendly and helpful staff and we had a lovely room with a really comfy bed. The breakfast was buffet style and it was very good, loads of choice and all very hot. There is a pub attached to the hotel which was also good, great atmosphere and busy, plenty eating too. We didn't use the spa facilities due to lack of time but when we visit again I'm sure the wife will !! Would recommend this hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David F
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the spa by Kasia in the hotel today with my mum and we had an absolutely lovely day. The spa is gorgeous, the facilities are spot on and the staff are great. The afternoon tea was fab, definitely worth while. Our treatments were so relaxing, so a big thanks to the girls who treated us! We are already talking about hopefully returning and maybe even staying in the hotel which looked stunning too! Thanks for a great day! :)

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TracyS89
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed an overnight stay in June 2014 and could not have wished for better service. On arrival the staff were friendly and welcoming and because the twin room we had booked was not available we were immediately upgraded to an executive suite at no extra cost. Our evening meal in Ciro's restaurant was really tasty and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our bedroom had been recently modernised and decorated and had air conditioning!
Our experience at the Spa was all we could have wanted and we returned home feeling refreshed and looking forward to a return visit.
I cannot praise the staff too highly, thank you to you all

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night as a stop over to visit the zoo. Room pretty small but clean and nice and fine for 1 or 2 nights. Unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to use the spa but we did have a swim and relax in the jacuzzi etc which was lovely.
Ate in Nelsons bar in the evening, both ordered the Burger which was seriously yummy, too yummy that we couldn't squeeze a pudding in afterwards! Drinks on the expensive side but I'd say pretty much in line with the price of similar hotels. Grounds are beautiful, we had a little walk to burn of a few of the burger calories and found a few photo opportunities.
Beds comfy and a good sleep had although the person/s in the room above sounded like a herd or elephants but this was 9am so wasn't as if we were woken by them, I guess just thin floor boards. Overall, a great hotel, just a shame we weren't there a little bit longer!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachael O
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent two nights here in April for his birthday, we drove down from Leeds and found it easy to find wit directions on our phones. The car park was very full when we arrived but there was still space for us, we checked in and were shown to our rooms. I can't recall which room it was but I think it was room 7. It was a standard room but it was beautifully decorated with a double bed that we both found very comfortable (we usually can't sleep). We had a meal at the restaurant and noticed the huge crowd from earlier had left, we realised it had been a wedding and actually the hotel was pretty quiet which was nice. The carvery we had was lovely.

The next day we had massages at the spa by kasia, I really enjoyed mine and was almost put to sleep, my partner on the other hand didn't find his relaxing at all. They put us in the couples room because ours was at the same time and it was a truly magnificent room. Before hand they asked you if there was a certain part you didn't want doing and my partner had written "feet" as he often has problems with them yet the first thing they did was touch his feet for ten minutes!! I could tell this upset him and he said the rest of his massage was too rough yet we had asked to be relaxed. My massage was good though.

We later drove to the park and ride about a mile away which had free parking and regular busses into chester, it was very cheap for a return and the journey was short. We had a lovely day in chester with lots of stores to shop in and sights to see! It was very busy as it was a sunny day.

The day we left we had a meal at the Nelson bar, the girl who served us was very VERY rude and patronising. Our meals came and they were very average, we had burgers I think. Very big portions though.

We then went to chester zoo.

All in all I think the reception staff were brilliant giving us directions and advice, the restaurant staff lovely and the rooms spacious and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth G
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed in early June to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It's a lovely hotel in a pleasant countryside setting. The quality of the executive rooms and decor of the hotel were at the top end of 4 star hotels I've stayed in. The pool was great and very quiet (Jacuzzi not in operation unfortunately) and there was a steam room and sauna (which my wife enjoyed).
The hotel restaurant was excellent and we had probably one of the best meals we've ever enjoyed (slightly odd fake hisotric decor but light and airy).
Whilst the rooms were quite well sound insulated from the function room below (we had asked for a quiet room) the bass did come through a bit and the entrance to the function room was close to our room so some disturbed sleep was experienced. The bookings supervisor was apologetic and discounted our meal which was nice, though we still await the promised details of a reduction for a future stay....

Room Tip: Executive rooms, whilst very nice, appear to be above function rooms.